1/16 German Grenadier

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

OIP (10).jpg

This figure is made up from a box of 1/16 parts given to me a while ago by Richard Pearce. Most of the figure was there, with only the lower right arm and part of the zeltbahn missing. I've done some work to complete it:

100_8812.JPG100_8809.JPG

The arm was easily replaced, though I had to make up the missing piece of zeltbahn from metal foil. You can't see it in the photos, but the seams and joins have been scribed onto the foil with a sharp pencil, and an eyelet has been made from a 1/35 tank part - hopefully it will look OK when painted up.. The other parts are a real mix - CGS Miniatures helmet, Reedees head, and a combination of Tamiya, Dragon and Verlinden equipment.

The zeltbahn will be painted in splinter camo, as per this reference:

scan10003_5070d98a-afd5-4bf3-afe5-45997c7a7d17_1024x1024.jpeg

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - It is quite nicely done. The placing of the rifle is a bit awkward and will need a bit of planning. I'm not too phazed by the splinter camo, but there will be a lot of it.

Scottie - Oooh, no promises. I'll do my best.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Anything you scrape together Peter is all right with me......I like the camo choice.....sure beats the SS pea pattern.
I shall follow at a discreet distance so as not to distract. Rick H.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Normal service resumed LOL

Looks like a big chunk of camo ahead for you this week, hopefully the head will be OK today?

Plenty of spares in the cupboard?

Have a good day with the paints, on another grey dull and autumnal day.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Well, he's a Wehrmacht grenadier so just the splinter camo as an option. They've been showing a series called Berlin 1945 on TV this week and there has been lots of reference for this kind of outfit, plus panzerfausts etc. Very interesting.

Steve - Yes, I needed to get to a 1/16 figure badly. I did start one of the 1/35 figures, but it was a nightmare for the yes, so the tank diorama may never get finished. The head looks OK, but I do have lots of alternatives in the spares box, so something should work out.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That looks a nice figure Peter. You are very nifty with these additions and alterations. Have fun with the camo !
John.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - I intend to approach the camo with optimism! I have done plenty of splinter in the past so am not too worried (famous last words)..

Neil - Panic set in after trying to paint a 1/35 figure and failing with the last bust, so I've gone back to something I think I can cope with.

Jim - I first started chopping this about around six months ago, but hadn't felt like tackling it until now.

This is what he looks like now:

100_8814.JPG100_8815.JPG

This is not the first head, which of course I had trouble with - quite roughly finished and defying my best efforts. So it was back to the spares box and this Dragon effort. This had a rather battered old paint job on it, so it's been more or less completely re-painted - interesting to see what I would have been satisfied with in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
And away we do......that will go nicely..... Very intense expression and posture.
Rick H.

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love that face.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work as always Peter!

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks chaps. I've just spent an hour revving up the highlights to give the thing a bit more life.