First Name
Lee
Peter. I’m in the camo looks fantastic

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great work on the supped up head, I guess you can see how far you have travelled on the face painting road with it being an old completed head.

Hopefully you will embrace the improvement, we all can see that you have made this year alone.

Great camo too, how do you get camo into the folds of the drapery?

Its Magic!

Great progress and it looks like more fun over the weekend to come.

The light does seem to be in limited supply with the grey days ahead

Enjoy the paint.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie, Lee and Steven - Thank you.

Steve - Yes, I can see some improvement, which is interesting - glad they're not getting worse!

The main pattern element of splinter is the brown, so it's a case of following the folds and creases with that in as naturalistic a way as possible. The highlighting and shading is then done on each individual patch of colour. The green is added where it helps the composition.

Gala day yesterday, as I found a superb Palaeolithic handaxe while walking the dog:

100_8823 (2).JPG

Wonderful to think that Homo Heidelbergensis was walking about here 200,000 - 500,000 years ago and that I'm probably the first person to pick it up after somebody dropped it all those years ago.

The awful light at this time of year means limited bench time, which is probably no bad thing. Hope the decontamination routine is not wearing you out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice hand axe Peter. Your home turf must be quite rich in such things. Figure is going great as well, Camo is as good as always....

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - There are literally millions of flint tools covering the fields around here, but handaxes are very rare, so I'm always particularly pleased to to find one. I also found a large Iron Age postsheard earlier in the week, along with some Roman bits and pieces. I love reflecting that other and very different lives have existed on the spot where we live our own strange existences (especially in these times). Glad that you like the grenadier so far.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great finds Peter.Im very enthusistic about fossils and the like,I wouldnt be able to identify them like your trained eye mate.When our beaches were recharged in 2015 with seabed material from off Harwich there was much hunting on beaches afterwards.One guy found an axe head and a young lad found a Meg Tooth!!.I found a bovine tooth dated at over 1000 years old.We have a visitor centre at nearby Walton on the naze many exhibits found on the eroded cliffs.Trelabites,ammonites you name it.You would love it.
Find it really engrossing.
Grenadier is ticking along nicely.
Rich

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Rich - Flint hunting is an obsession with me. I do find the occasional fossil hereabouts too.

A couple of adjustment to the camo:

100_8832.JPG

I'm going to leave it alone now. It's one of those things that could be fiddled about with forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work on the camo, you should be close to finishing today?

Hopefully some good light and a steady hand for the rain marks.

Then onto the next victim or a dabble with the 1/35 scenario?

I shall try some more work on the Dresden figures today

Have fun with your finishing touches

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Kinds words. Many thanks.

Steve - Morning from a very stormy Kent. Probably another two days on this one - most of the equipment today, then the tricky panzerfaust/rifle arrangement tomorrow. Not sure what I'll tackle after that - still not in 1/35 figure land I'm afraid. Hope you can get to work on the Dresden epic.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter

Sorry for behind on this. Looking very good indeed!!

ATB

Andrew