First Name
Lee
Peter. I’m with Steve J very impressive I like it

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Very nice work on the equipment, it all looks so busy and well painted too, its always the the little details make the whole look the part.

Sould be on track fro a finish today, though the light could be in short supply.

Another windy night with wheelie bins "walking" all over and crashing about in the night!

Hopefully more work on Dresden today as the filler was slow to dry yesterday?

Have a good day with the limited light

Regards

Steve H

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
whew ..... love it when i look at a model and keep on looking because there is just so much to see .... not a clue how u manage to do this type of detailed work .. excellant stuff!!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thats looking superb, what have you found is the best method for the 5'0 clock shadow ?

D

Deleted member 6559

Andrew - Thanks for dropping in.

Lee - Glad you approve.

Steve H - Calm after the storm here today, though dull and cold. Just enough light to finish the figure. Hope your filler is dry!

Lindsey - I really enjoy painting the equipment and do tend to pile it on. Thanks for looking in.

Steve J - The five o'clock shadow is just Camo Black Brown mixed with Off White and Flat Flesh (Vallejo, as usual). I try to soften the edges by stippling into the natural flesh colour.

It's now finished:

100_8862.JPG100_8863.JPG100_8864.JPG100_8865.JPG100_8866.JPG

I realised this morning that I hadn't added the rain dashes, so that was the first job today (and one I hate). I then painted and mounted the rifle in a different position from the box art, which I felt looked too awkward. Next came the panzerfaust, and as I understand they were quite heavy I added a cord sling.

I mounted him on a spare Verlinden base, to which I added some grass tufts, then gave the whole thing a dusting over with a light coloured pastel to both tone down the camo and to help marry the base and figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your usual excellent work Peter. I remember when you hated camo and avoided it at all costs. You have certainly mastered it now.
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Blooming brilliant Pierre.Camo looks top drawer.Glad my spares come in useful again.No camo jobs on my busts for now,An Antarctic person in multiples are on their way to me from casters.So it could get Polar hint hint.
Rich.

D

Deleted member 6559

Lee, Neil and Rick - Many thanks.

Rich - That box of spares has produced seven figures so far - very useful indeed thanks. Excited that the Polar explorer is being cast - time to break out the Krycel!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great finish, well done

Love or hate camo, you do it so well.

No new victim yet?

Could you be meddling with the 1/35 again?

If so, be careful with your eyes and those minuscule figures!

Another grey day, the light really isn't good at the moment

Have a good day with whatever is on the bench

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Warren - Thank you.

Steve - Not my finest hour this one, but at least I got it finished. No 1/35 figures yet as I still don't have the mojo, so probably a bust. Very grey and dark here, so the painting window is tight.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks very good to me Peter, as always.
Don’t fret over the 1/35ths though. I think you perhaps need to recalibrate your approach to them. You can’t paint and blend on them like you do on these big lads, that’s a recipe for the nut house...
Just keep in mind that if you can paint the detail on the equipment for this guy to the standard you have, then the 1/35th figure as a whole should respond in the same way. After all, as items taken in isolation they are of similar size.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Tim

Yes, I have begun to realise that I can't be as ambitious with the 1/35 figures, but the trouble is that you see some stupendously good work at that scale around and feel you should at least try to match the finish. I happened to come across this vignette using Dragon 1/35 figures by Gunter Sternberg:

9769bf5cee0a57948b122fa489fa63ee.jpg

Way better than I can achieve at any scale, but incredible for 1/35. Made me re-evaluate my poor efforts.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't be so hard on yourself Peter. They are a slightly different style of painting but certainly no better than yours.
John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s not half bad is it LOL....however, look at it critically.
There is less micro detail on these than on your large jobs....and understandably so. What he has done is put the emphasis on the faces, and highlighted/shaded the main folds and volumes to allow us to read the figures properly. As John says, it’s a different style to yours, but certainly doesn’t invalidate your work. For all you know he might be looking at your stuff and thinking the same thing in reverse.....I wish I could produce figures like that Day bloke....because your work is exceptional and has a style instantly recognisable as your own.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - You haven't seen my efforts at 1/35. That's the astonishing thing about the vignette.

Tim - The problem is that I just can't paint faces at 1/35 - I don't have the skill, let alone the eyesight. Think I'll stick with 1/16 +.