1/16 German Grenadier

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Peter

That has come out very nicely indeed, so please don't be too hard on yourself.

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Peter don't know why I missed this entirely it seems.
Superb as to be expected, don't let Steve talk you into camo , even his bedspread I gather is done in 3 part. :smiling3:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Tim

Yes, I have begun to realise that I can't be as ambitious with the 1/35 figures, but the trouble is that you see some stupendously good work at that scale around and feel you should at least try to match the finish. I happened to come across this vignette using Dragon 1/35 figures by Gunter Sternberg:

View attachment 404853

Way better than I can achieve at any scale, but incredible for 1/35. Made me re-evaluate my poor efforts.

I know what you mean as I feel totally inadequate with some of the masterpieces out there-that said, I think this one looks good at first but once you study it the highlights are WAAAAY overdone.
As someone else said-I don't see why you couldn't treat a 1/35 figure as if it was a piece of equipment?

D

Deleted member 6559

Andrew - Thank you.

John - Thanks for looking in. I have a bust in the stash that requires some camo, but that's it.

Neil - I get the point, but I just can't seem to do the faces. Gunther Stenberg has a site with painting tutorials, but I think the main requirements are good eyesight and a steady hand. Some more of his stuff:

df74896d505c1a7e8baf3d103bc9382b.jpgf5af4b7a52aea736eb44952a3eba94f6.jpg

I can see how he does it and what is required, but I just can't work at such a small scale anymore, at least not for prolonged periods of time.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Those Sternberg vignettes are very nice, and far better than I can manage, but I think there is a lack of variation in the faces. There are at least two pairs of identical twins there....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Beautifully done Peter. He certainly is laden down with a lot of equipment. Great to see

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Those Sternberg vignettes are very nice, and far better than I can manage, but I think there is a lack of variation in the faces. There are at least two pairs of identical twins there....
Not knocking the guy as amazing painting - but twins - i reckon triplets :smiling5: