1/16 German Infantryman

M

mobear

how long did it take you till you were happy painting figures,i look at this one and think `i wish`its magnifique

mobear

A

AJay

Thanks, ole! It's my first figure, and I did say my last....but, dare I say I'm starting to enjoy it? lol A long way to go yet though, and still got to add some more camo colours to those trousers (by the way, it's the third time I've painted them!)

My favourite part has been painting all the accessories while watching History Channel documentaries.

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Scale models shop?
Meh $34.50 delivered stopped me, I will look for a closer source. I hate that i live on the far side of earth. A lot of people from ebay will post to Aus but not NZ and were neighbours. =(

D

dubster72

\ said:
Meh $34.50 delivered stopped me, I will look for a closer source. I hate that i live on the far side of earth. A lot of people from ebay will post to Aus but not NZ and were neighbours. =(
I'd be happy to buy it & post it Aaron but I doubt that would prove to be any cheaper.

First Name
Aaron
Wow, I really appreciate the offer Patrick but i too doubt that would prove cheaper. What a nice chap you are to offer such a thing.

I think my best bet is an Australian store. Once again Patrick thank you for the offer.

D

dubster72

\ said:
Wow, I really appreciate the offer Patrick but i too doubt that would prove cheaper. What a nice chap you are to offer such a thing.I think my best bet is an Australian store. Once again Patrick thank you for the offer.
It's no problem Aaron, I've done it before for a couple of chaps who live in Russia & Malta.

Sorry to Alex for slightly hijacking his thread!

Cheers Patrick

D

dubster72

His trousers look very good Alex, as does the entrenching tool. You're got the wood effect well sorted there.

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Aaron
Alex great job on the camo trou, spot on with the color and the pattern.

Thumbs up on the woodgrain is it done with oils?

A

andygh

You're doing a cracking job on this figure, the colours are spot on

A

AJay

Thanks Aaron and Andy.

Aaron, the whole model has been painted with acrylics.

M

mobear

i keep seeing your attempt then look at my pilot and think,should i post it to you alex lol,your work is great mate

mobear

A

AJay

Thanks, Mobear. I'm sure yours will turn out well if you spend enough time on it. I've done and re-done parts of it and it's been close to the bin many times! It's only now that it's starting to look anything. The build has been a learning curve. I may do another one day! lol

A

AJay

View attachment 44043

Slowly getting there. I've got to neaten up the belts with over-painted white on them, etc. Still more work to do on the arms of his jacket, and also to add the camo on the inside of the hood.

Found myself a nice base in my boot fair stockpile ;)

I used the hairspray method for the helmet if anyone's interested in doing similar. The first time I went too heavy on the hairspray and too heavy with the white paint, so rubbed down and started again. Now I'm happy with it :smiling3:

I weathered the trousers (as seen in the photo), but have since cleaned them off as I didn't like it. I want to tone down the colours a little.

Stay tuned.... (you must be bored sick of this one by now! lol)

View attachment 47247

wippy wip.jpg

Last edited:
A

AJay

Thanks Mobear. And I'm learning from mistakes as I go lol

I must admit, I'm at a mental block when it comes to weathering his trousers....will see what a little experimenting has to offer. I'm a little nervous of ruining them to be honest.

My plan for the base is mud and snow - really looking forward to that and have the bits and bobs I need :smiling3: