1/16 MiniArt Athenian Hoplite - First completed MiniArt Figure!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is the fourth MiniArt figure I have started - and the first I have ever completed...................

DSCF0428.JPGDSCF0429.JPGDSCF0430.JPGDSCF0431.JPGDSCF0432.JPGDSCF0433.JPG

These figure look good in the box, bit the fit is generally so-so to awful - I gave up on my first 3 MiniArt figs, but possibly I have a bit more patience ( or determination ) these days.
Acrylics throughout. The AK 3rd Generation Bronze was a delight to spray - but brush painting it over large areas was NOT a good idea.
I had toyed with another MiniArt figure to follow - one on a horse!, but I couldn't find one at a price that I liked............................
I am going to do something I have NEVER done before - a dual build - keep your eyes open for that!
Thanks for dropping by
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Well I reckon that is a really good effort. You're certainly making progress with your figure painting.
Look forward to the next thing on your bench.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

A terrific finish Dave, and well done on completing a Miniart figure - only those who have tackled one will know what difficult kits they are. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Most impressive young man, I think its a brave step to take doing these figures. :thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,

It's something I should have done a long time ago, you can find yourself getting a bit of tunnel vision on the models you make, and it's nice to learn something new ( to you ).
You may note that my experiments & new model types are all done on the cheap! If I had to pay full prices for any of these, I'm afraid I'd still be repeating the last thirty odd years modelmaking!
One of the more damning comments on a coworker that was expressed to me was " He hasn't 20 years experience, he has one years experience that he has repeated 20 times" - he left 'by mutual consent'..................

Dave

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave .
Well I was expecting that you had acquired these through prudent searches:smiling: and not had some turn !
I admire the change of builds, maybe I will find a suitable Russian and have a go one day :surprised:.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
He looks great Dave.The bronze is smashing.
The only feedback otherwise would be to narrow the eyes a little but this makes me want to have a go at one.
Jon.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Jon,
I have struggled with eyes on all the larger scale figures - I've looked at loads of tutorials - and I know what I should do, it's actually doing it that is the problem!
Dave