1/16 WOOD STORE

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I headed into this thinking it would be a straight forward build...you know, like the kaput, rotten box build I did was to supposed to be :smiling:

Anyway, I actually sat down and pondered over this for a while after talking to a friend who does outdoor wood structures. He said that a proper wood store is a hit and miss slatted design with a double slatted floor and a roof that is pitched but both sides are offset slightly...why? I asked. He told me that it is to do with airflow, the double slats stop excess rain etc getting in but allow the air to circulate, the roof pitches allow a vortex of air that then is funneled out the sides at the top.

Okay, so I had to get hands and brain in some sort of coordination and I set too...I got involved and forgot to take some piccies early on, apologies for that.

It is made from some model boat wood for the top and bottom frame but the rest is lollipop sticks and coffee stirrers. The roof caused me a lot of problems and cutting was a pain, I think I managed the overall look. The roof is actually coated with the fake lead strip stuff used for windows, I had some left over from a repair job.

I want this to look used but not rotten, so, as you see it now, it has had its first weathering and then a sand back in places.

More weathering to do and then the logs to do.

Attachments

• P1014686.JPG
    P1014686.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 16
  • P1014687.JPG
    P1014687.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1014688.JPG
    P1014688.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1014689.JPG
    P1014689.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1014690.JPG
    P1014690.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1014691.JPG
    P1014691.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 12
  • P1014692.JPG
    P1014692.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 10
  • P1014693.JPG
    P1014693.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 10

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely job. It’s reminded me that I’ve got to build a real one in the next spell of good weather…I’ve got the wood, just not the enthusiasm :tongue-out3: Can I borrow yours?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lovely job. It’s reminded me that I’ve got to build a real one in the next spell of good weather…I’ve got the wood, just not the enthusiasm :tongue-out3: Can I borrow yours?

Cheers Tim, good luck with the 1/1 build...it drained me building this thing in 1/16...I think my enthusiasm building a full size one would. like you, be a tad lacking.

D

Deleted member 5496

Well there you go again Si. Hope you are well.

Since I met you on here some years ago never fail to be surprised a your imginiftice
(new word, not sure I have spelt it correctly) mind.

Look forward to the rest.

What about a metal brazier to go with it filled with logs & light as the flames.

Laurie

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well there you go again Si. Hope you are well.

Since I met you on here some years ago never fail to be surprised a your imginiftice
(new word, not sure I have spelt it correctly) mind.

Look forward to the rest.

What about a metal brazier to go with it filled with logs & light as the flames.

Laurie

Suffering with the old arthritis at the moment, thumbs and knees, weather changing isn't helping-but, we keep going as best we can and we have to keep doing things, even if they are at a slower pace.

Not so sure of the new word Laurie but, sounds okay to me. Thank you so much, for your continued support in my creations. I may just have the said brazier to go with this...

D

Deleted member 5496

Suffering with the old arthritis at the moment, thumbs and knees, weather changing isn't helping-but, we keep going as best we can and we have to keep doing things, even if they are at a slower pace.

Not so sure of the new word Laurie but, sounds okay to me. Thank you so much, for your continued support in my creations. I may just have the said brazier to go with this...

Then Si a man sitting on a rugged built seat. Brilliant to be able to throw out ideas & leave some one to carry out the work.

Sorry about the problems. Got thin skin so have to watch everthing I do or the skin strips. Leaves me cold.

Laurie

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Then Si a man sitting on a rugged built seat. Brilliant to be able to throw out ideas & leave some one to carry out the work.

Sorry about the problems. Got thin skin so have to watch everthing I do or the skin strips. Leaves me cold.

Laurie

Ouch Laurie, make sure you do not super glue your fingers or objects to your skin-extra care needed in doing everything, I take it?

I have some soldiers that will go nicely with this piece and the brazier.

D

Deleted member 5496

Ouch Laurie, make sure you do not super glue your fingers or objects to your skin-extra care needed in doing everything, I take it?

I have some soldiers that will go nicely with this piece and the brazier.

Hey sounds good Si..

OK with fingers. Got very sharp American razor blades :flushed:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hey sounds good Si..

OK with fingers. Got very sharp American razor blades :flushed:

Sharp is good, first order of cutting is having a sharp edge, more chance of injury with a blunt razor, knife etc.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
What a nice little idea! Great work Si.

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Neat idea and well built Si.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Neat idea and well built Si.

Thanks John, the idea will be this against a barn structure, the metal brazier and some soldiers around it. Should make a nice feature in the RC village.