1:18 Diorama....First attempt

Y

Yorksnproud

View attachment 90249

View attachment 90250

View attachment 90251

Thought I'd try an attempt at a diorama.

The subject is 1976 RAC Rally winner Roger Clark. Arguably the best British rally driver of the sixties and seventies and the man that inspired me to take up rallying myself.

I just need driver and co-driver figures to complete this diorama, but as these seem non existent in 1:18 scale I have ordered some Sculpey and will create them myself. (that will be a challenge)

diorama 1a.jpg

diorama1b.jpg

diorama1c.jpg

B

Bari

very realistic looking grass, rocks mud and water. had me fooled for a bit until I noticed no one in the vehicle.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
WOW. Fantastic 1st attempt. What are your dios going to be like after a few more? :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very, very nice. Would something like this work, if you repainted and did some jiggling around? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Fernando-Alonso-1-18-Figure-/251676256445?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item3a9912e8bd

Is this the diecast SunStar version that you have re-done?

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Rubbish that's a parked car in field !

Seriously though WOW !

Y

Yorksnproud

Thanks for your comments guys.

Yes, its the Sunstar version. I tried to get a kit of this car, but the only one I could find was the Hannu Mikkola car and they were wanting over £100 for that.

As this was my first attempt at anything like this, I spent a lot of time reading and experimenting with different products. The mud and water was the biggest challenge.

I was thinking the same Eddie, but Clark wore an open face helmet and for the time it would take to alter that figure, I could create one myself. (I think)

I've got to say that I enjoyed doing this, although came under attack from the "trouble" at times for the mess it can create doing these.

A

Andy Mac

Must agree, that is very impressive, especially for a first attempt.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
When i saw the pics i thought weres the dio it looks so real i can't wait for more.

Great great build.

Peter t

D

Deleted member 3568

Totally gobsmacked truly amazing if bari hadn't mentioned the lack of driver I would still be fooled oh and Eddie is actually Si (I know it's confusing )

M

Mike

FAKE!!

Come on, you've got a flat tyre and winched up the rear using the axle. You're not kidding anyone!!

EDIT: as I have two dislikes already, I would like to point out this was a joke!

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That looks totally real dave , the base is superb. As Barry said I thought it was an actual photograph of the real thing until I noticed the empty seats! I dont know how you got that slopdosh to look so real but if you could bottle it you'd make a fortune!! Great build no mistake , cheers tony

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Fantastic,had me fooled for a min as well, no driver, ;)

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Brilliant diorama, had me fooled for an instant. The giveaway for me was the patch of lichen on the left of the second photo. completely missed the missing drivers.