1/18 WORLD PEACEKEEPERS APC CONVERTED TO RC.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This has been an idea of mine for months, to convert the World peacekeepers amphibious APC from a toy into a RC model for use with our more modern RC military vehicles.

Out of the box the vehicle is modelled off the real Chinese type 90/92 and is a good representation.

The wheels are just push fit so off they came and the body mounting screws located and it was taken apart. The running gear is from a 1/16 WPL 6X6 RC truck, I 'dried fitted' so to speak and realised that it wasn't as easy at it looked, the axles and wheels fitted great but there would have to be a lot of cutting and hacking to get the chassis to fit into the body so, it was off to a mate of mine at the club and he took a look. He got back to me and asked if he could do some cutting-yep, no worries. After him shouting and swearing he managed to get the chassis in place-no mean feat apparently.

So with it back I have been working on it over the past few weeks.

Electrics added, lights added-what a pain that was for the front, total repaint, new decals added and some accessories.

There is still some weathering and I need to sort out the transmitter as it doesn't have reverse switches it is all software.

Around 90% finished.

The last picture shows the toy version.

Attachments

• P1013931.JPG
    P1013931.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 9
  • P1013937.JPG
    P1013937.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P1013939.JPG
    P1013939.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1013943.JPG
    P1013943.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P1013944.JPG
    P1013944.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 6
  • P1013946.JPG
    P1013946.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 7
  • P1013948.JPG
    P1013948.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 71QYNNtNpAL._SX355_.jpg
    71QYNNtNpAL._SX355_.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 7

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Si is the R/C 27 MEG or 40 meg ? as the reverse should come from the TX to the RX should then go to the E.S.C. so you will get reverse from the motors
chris

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
HI Si is the R/C 27 MEG or 40 meg ? as the reverse should come from the TX to the RX should then go to the E.S.C. so you will get reverse from the motors
chris

Hi Chris, this is not going on the water, just road only.-although I have another that could be converted for water going use. To be honest me and some of the boat club lads had a good look and to convert this to run on water and land is a total nightmare hence either one or the other.

It is on 2.4 ghz with a 6 channel receiver, the unit is a Flysky so it needs setting up via the software.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WE Si It don't really matter if on rd or water as 2.4 gig will work on both as I have futaba 6cha 2.4 GIG on my NORFOLK but is Flysky the TX name ?
chris

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
WE Si It don't really matter if on rd or water as 2.4 gig will work on both as I have futaba 6cha 2.4 GIG on my NORFOLK but is Flysky the TX name ?
chris

Yeah, the make is a Flysky, just need to upload the software.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Si ive never heard of this make of R/C TX is it a better make than futtaba as in the new year I will need to buy a new 8 cha R/C for my tiger ?
chris

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

Si ive never heard of this make of R/C TX is it a better make than futtaba as in the new year I will need to buy a new 8 cha R/C for my tiger ?
chris

No, not really, they are set up for drones, aircraft etc, of course you can use them for anything. The Futtaba are better IMO by a long way. The transmitter I got was around £50ish, okay for what it is, if you need more finesse regarding set up of throttle etc then the Futtaba is better regarding set up up and what you can do with it.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
No, not really, they are set up for drones, aircraft etc, of course you can use them for anything. The Futtaba are better IMO by a long way. The transmitter I got was around £50ish, okay for what it is, if you need more finesse regarding set up of throttle etc then the Futtaba is better regarding set up up and what you can do with it.
Many thanks Si then a futtaba it is then got to start savin my pennies then
chris ps BTW good luck at your APC