monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far Graham,enjoy your weekend, :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Progress is slow but still progress.  Really fiddly having to spray little parts and add them to other little parts that are a different colour but really, there is no quick way of doing the detailing on this.  So far it has been worth the hassle.  Also got the main body parts glossed in red.  Annoyingly, the insides of these need to be matt black and I couldn't work out which was best to do first.  Now I am thinking I should have done the black first, hey ho.......  either way, it is having a good 24 hours drying time before I mask it all up.

The huge radiator and its plumbing are now fitted in place so I am slowly getting there.

DSC_0083_1.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0082_1.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work , Graham ,looking real good,its letting me know what i,m in for with my build,and helps see how things fit, 9_9

F

Fenlander

Starting to come together now.  Got the forks to do yet.  All the panels are painted up which, when fitted, will hide all this lol.  Still, it has been a good experience trying to paint then build, lots of going backwards as well as forwards but you get there in the end.

Lovely kit, I did consider the upgrade fork set for it but I don't think it is worth an extra £21 for something that will be hidden at the back of the cabinet soon.  Happy with progress so far though.

Ducati.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Very nicely done Graham. Those Tamiya kits make for a Great modelling experience....... and you've added to the finish superbly.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work , Graham ,real nice done,do like the metal colors and the kind of brassie look of the chain,

did you do the wear on the wheel or it come like that, 9_9

F

Fenlander

great work , Graham ,real nice done,do like the metal colors and the kind of brassie look of the chain,

did you do the wear on the wheel or it come like that, 9_9

No, I sanded the tyre as it has a raised seam line but the rubber is lovely and soft which makes getting rid of the seam almost impossible but it gives a nice realistic look to it.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
No, I sanded the tyre as it has a raised seam line but the rubber is lovely and soft which makes getting rid of the seam almost impossible but it gives a nice realistic look to it.

very well done,I real like that look you got with it, 9_9

First Name
Coops
20161125_192511.jpgHi all, I'm new to the forum....I've started to build the 916 this week. It's my first kit build in probably 15 - 20 years. I've come back to scale kits as heart issues have curtailed my RC flying activities. 20161123_225609.jpg

Your build is excellent Fenlander, hope mine turns out as well.

F

Fenlander

Welcome to the forum Neil and thanks for your comments.  Looks like you are off to a great start to me  :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
started to build the 916 this week. It's my first kit build in probably 15 - 20 years. I've come back to scale kits as heart issues have curtailed my RC flying activities. View attachment 266676

very nice start,Nail,do real like the frame,wheel and engine colors,what did you use for them plz ?

as I,have one to start as well, 9_9

F

Fenlander

Well, the silly season is officially over at the Fenlander swamp and I finally dug through the detritus of Christmas to uncover my bench and had a few minutes on the Ducati. Finally, it has the front forks and wheel in place so I can start the finishing procedure.

DSC_0099.JPG