1/32 Fi 103 or V-1

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Like Jakko I reckon a dark yellow would be reasonable . My thinking is that it’s a similar type of equipment to the scheuch schlepper tractor used to pick up returned me 163s to put them back on the trolley wheels , which are generally accepted as being dark yellow.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Tony. I've got various yellows as a starting point and I'll go with this mythical 'Dunkelgelb', or at least my version of it :smiling3:
Cheers
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s simpler to buy a bottle of model paint from one of the many manufacturers that sell it :smiling3:

But if you want to mix it yourself, it’s basically a light-medium–coloured sand with a bit of a greenish hue to it.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Too easy Jakko, and anyway, I'll probably never use it again. I'm sure I can knock something up from the dozens and dozens of tinlets I have in stock.

It's only the few bits of plastic that make up the trolley and I might overspray the base colour with some 'imaginative' camouflage as well...'cos I can :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The V-1 is now essentially built and is now resplendent in a coat of RLM 76. With a bit of luck I can take a swing at the camouflage tomorrow.

The trolley is also nearly done, but it is resplendent in a still wet coat of my version of 'Dunkelgelb', which looks a lot like the British 'Buff' colour, and is therefore not for manhandling for its moment in front of the lens. I only mention the Buff because I've got a tin which I could have used instead of faffing about mixing a colour remarkably similar!

I have included the He 100 fighter which is nearing completion. It is resplendent in its gloss coat (though it doesn't look like it in the photo!) having just been decalled. I've done this because, obviously, these two models are in the same scale. We tend to think of the V-1 as being rather small, but in fact there isn't much between it and a pre-war, 1930s, German single seat fighter.

IMG_1932_web.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
And the trolley, now ready for it's moment in front of the camera.

IMG_1933_web.jpg

I can hear those armour guys tittering at the back of the class. Careful, or you'll be sent to headmaster Ron's study!

On a serious note, that little trolley is more fiddly to build than the missile it will carry.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've got the basic camouflage on.

I'll leave this for a few hours before shading and then doing a bit of a touch up (oooh errr).

Edit: a better photo with the thing propped up.

IMG_1948_web.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Last edited: