1:32 Hong Kong Models DH Mosquito B Mk IV

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The priming technique results in a wonderful looking finish. Well done!
It's something I'm still playing with. A bit of natural light helps which is sadly lacking when I get a bit of bench time. I think, an important aspect is, paint and walk away. Have a look next day and spray more if required.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Awesome stuff Colin. The Mozzie is looking great. Nice paint job and a lucky escape with the wheels - all omens say this will be a lovely model once complete. Looking forward to it.
Paul

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well with such nice weather lately, the Mosquito has been on the back burner for a while. However, I have managed the decals. There wasn't many so it didn't take too long. Decals were made by cartograph which are normally good. These were ok, but thick, even worse than Tamiya - yes, that thick. Work has actually progressed further. The mat coat is on and weathering has been started. I should be finished by the weekend, now the garden is nearly done.
Decals.JPG

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Well with such nice weather lately, the Mosquito has been on the back burner for a while. However, I have managed the decals. There wasn't many so it didn't take too long. Decals were made by cartograph which are normally good. These were ok, but thick, even worse than Tamiya - yes, that thick. Work has actually progressed further. The mat coat is on and weathering has been started. I should be finished by the weekend, now the garden is nearly done.
View attachment 378619
She is looking great. Decals worse than Tamiya! That is really saying something, thick but did they splinter? if they didn’t splinter then that is at least one up on Tamiya. I really would recommend masks for 1/32 scale (at least for the main markings) wherever possible and there are sets available for the Mossie.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well that's looking superb Colin, very nicely done