1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 (JV44 Hunters and Protectors Project)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
So with my He111 build nearly at an end i have selected my next victim. I have a few i would like to do but they mostly involve Fw190s (there's a surprise) and a few larger kits (Ju88 and He219). But i am still awaiting funds to get some AM for them. So this one will be a starter first.

This is going to be the first build of my JV44 Hunters and Protectors project. I've been planning and researching this for a while now and it is going to take quite some time to achieve, not to mention the finances to find and buy the kits!
It involves hopefully building three or four of the Me262A-1a / Me262B-1a (Hunters) all five Fw190 D9/D11 (Protectors).

Here is the first. Me262A-1a/U4. It was a Me262 with a 50mm cannon mounted to the front of the aircraft. It only carried out a couple of sorties with the squadron and the pilots hated it. But it is an unique aircraft and actually flew with JV44 so fits my remit.

Here is the kit and some AM. I have a few more AM bits on the way too

JV44 08 (2).jpegIMG_2560.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very cool Alan. Have no doubt this will turn out very nicely. I've checked out your 109 G6/R6 a few times to help out with mine and it was as good as I remembered.

When I read the name of your project, I had to read it twice, given the similarity between my name and yours.

Looking forward to it come together.

ATB

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
When I read the name of your project, I had to read it twice, given the similarity between my name and yours.

I know i mentioned it to you wayyyyy back in the depths of time in our PMs. Not wishing to take anything away from your project at all Andrew. So if you feel it does detract from it then i am more than willing to change it :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I know i mentioned it to you wayyyyy back in the depths of time in our PMs. Not wishing to take anything away from your project at all Andrew. So if you feel it does detract from it then i am more than willing to change it :smiling3:
Alan

I remember you talking about the project of course....and please there is absolutely no need to change the title. Your project, your title!!

I am sure there are some out there in the modelling word that would get all pretentious/protective/scream blue murder about the similarity but I hope you know me well enough to know that I'm not that sort of extremely sad individual. If anything, treat it as my homage to the knowledge and support you have provided me with since I joined!

ATB.

Andrew

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I think the Me 262 is a great looking aircraft. Watching this being built in 1:32 is going to be a bit of a treat.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Not seen this built before

Only see a couple ever built as well. So i like the uniqueness of it too. Plus it will be my first time using a major resin conversion set. Which will set me up for future projects/builds

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Not too much happening at the moment. Just been sanding away detail so i can add the Eduard cockpit instrument PE. Painted some parts will dull aluminium so that i can add a chipping medium and create some chips when painted.

IMG_2694.JPG

Also scratch built a small cylinder for the forward bulkhead so i can add some instrument panel pipework later on. Still have to add the cylinder clips which i'll recreate out of flattened lead wire. The rear of the instrument panel is visible when fitted. 0.3mm holes were drilled in the rear of some of the instruments so i can add wire later on. This is roughly what i'm trying to recreate.

me262 instrument rear.jpg