1:32 Monty's Humber

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
I am working on a 'version of Monty's Humber Airfix kit 1:32. The parts are not the best so a lot of fettling is needed to get it right but going okay so far.
Decided to do a North Africa campaign version rather than the Olive Drab European version. A few minor differences and no need to add the running boards which were in poor shape when box opened. I also had some dessert sand spray which needed used up.
This is my first military vehicle I've made in 20 years so it's not like anything of the quality I have seen elsewhere on here!

Attachments

• IMG_3388.JPG
    IMG_3388.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3391.JPG
    IMG_3391.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3465.JPG
    IMG_3465.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 21

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Toby,
oddly enough, I was looking at this in my stash this afternoon! I like the idea of something other than the OD...................
Dave

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
When I did the research the two vehicles were slightly different and I think I actually like the lighter colour as the details show better.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Welcome Toby. Looking forward to seeing your work. Meantime, I gotta let off a little of my insanity. Hope the driver isn't causing you any problems, but I wouldn't have thought he could - he looks 'armless enough!

It's OK. I don't need my coat, it's a warm night!

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Neat - not seen one built for a while

Like Dave I was looking at the one in my stash as well on the weekend. Wondering if I could put it back to hardtop saloon staff car