1/32 Revell Fw190 G8 'Red 12' 5./SG10

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Whilst i'm (still) waiting for the wire to arrive from evilbay i made a tart on the cockpit. Not going to do very much in here as most of it will be hidden and i'm wanting to focus on that engine more so. So a basic RLM 66 paint job with a couple of instruments highlighted. Added chipping/scratches and some 'mud' pastel as these were operated from very messy and basic sites.

IMG_1915.JPGIMG_1916.JPGIMG_1917.JPGIMG_1918.JPG

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Alan,
I`ve only just seen this thread,had a good read up so i`m fully fledged following along now :thumb2: ,
The cockpit is coming along very nicely....... nice,subtle,wear and tear!
What a pain with those pipes earlier,just the ticket for testing the old resolve:rolling:,
Interesting stuff.
Cheers,
Andy

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Alan your detailing has paid off.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Not happy with some of the paint colours i've used so i'm going to re-do them. I used Vallejo Metal Colour Aluminium for the front set of cylinders but it seems to bright for my liking. So i painted the rear set with Dull Aluminium and i think it looks way better. Also will blend nicely with an engine wash. The two frame colours are different as i want to see which i preferred. I used Xtracrylix for the front and Vallejo for the rear. I prefer the rear as it looks more pastel. So the front frame will be repainted as well.
Also had a little play with rust pastels from CMK on the exhaust. Looks ok so shall do the rest of them with this and seal it in with a matt finish.
Still got pipes and wires to fit. But this is taking a lot of figuring out and research as the kit is obviously simplified and chunkier than the real thing.

PS. I know there are paint chips on the black. It's getting re-painted too :smiling3:

IMG_1928.JPGIMG_1929.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Moved on a little with this today. Building slightly out of sequence as i need to do some detailing on the engine (although i've figured out it'll be hidden once finished lol). All the straining bars have been added and painted. Figuring out the detailing now will stand me in a good position for when i do the next Revell Fw190 (like there was any doubt i wouldn't be ;) ). Not painted the gun bay much as they'll be closed up. On a side note. I thought the decal seatbelts were going to look terrible. But i am actually surprised how well they look. Give them a flat coat and they'd be fine. It's now starting to look like a lovely wurger :smiling3:

IMG_1933.JPGIMG_1934.JPGIMG_1935.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Alan

That's looking very good indeed! That engine looks amazing.

Keri up the good work.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Not sure if all this detailing is going to work. But if you don't try then you'll never know.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work Lan, those exhausts are quite splendid.