1/32 Revell Fw190 G8 'Red 12' 5./SG10

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Came in from the farm today and thought i'd get a few little bits done. The two outboard 300L drop tanks and SC500 have been made up and sanded flush. There are a couple of little marks that are still present on the fuel tanks but, if they show up through the paint then i'll let them go down as wear n tear. After all i doubt these fuel tanks in the field were kept in pristine condition. Used a Flory wash on the undercarriage doors. Just need to seal it in with a matt coat.
Also trying to make an electrical harness for the main leg retraction arms. Drilling with 0.3mm drill bits take time and a lot of patience.

View attachment 411215
Lovely work on the butcher bird !

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Alan,
lovely work so far just had a good catch up nice work on the engine and undercart.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I don’t know why I missed this. Great job on the engine.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Only recently found this Alan - I love the work on the motor and looking forward to the end result! Nice one Centurion!
Steve

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Allen like Steve I found this this morning, read from the start. Wow and Wow again. Engine work is tremendous. Like the way you store your wires as well.
I'll get up now !

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Thankyou very much Barry, Steve & John. I must get back to doing this build. Been a bit busy gardening and decorating lately. So have been neglecting this.

Reactions: JR

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Been ages since i did anything to this build. So with that in mind i cracked open the paints.

My Vallejo Model air paint was really thick. I suppose i haven't used it for years so this is to be expected. So i thinned down with AK Thinner and it worked a treat. So here as you see i've given it a coat of RLM 76 all over. I used the undercarriage doors for the 'wheels up' option to help mask that wheel bays (saves tape ad blu-tac). I've not painted the nose section and exhaust shield yet as i need to do some proper masking of the engine before i do so. But other then that, it's finally starting to come together.

IMG_2192.JPGIMG_2193.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Alan
Wow! That engine is superb. I remember we had a running joke with Simon T. When he did wheel spokes,wires etc it was suggested that he had trained spiders to do the work. I reckon you must have the Scottish variety :tongue-out3: Fine start to the paintwork.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Getting there now. Been suffering with my old mental health so this and most other model related things took a back burner.

But hoping to continue with this now. Besides i have to finish this. I have so many more builds planned :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hope you’re improving now Alan. The black dog can bite fast and bite hard!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Certainly does Tim. Getting there. Taking days one at a time. It's a strange thing really. I want to model but when i sit at the bench, i just sit there and stare for a while. Then i feel overwhelmed and have to get back up. Anxiety and depression are not fun.

But whilst i'm in this sort of mood to actually do something i am going to embrace it.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Sorry to hear you've been going through the mill. Just take your time.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sorry to hear youre feeling a bit rough al , take it easy mate ,the build is looking great btw, cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
i just sit there and stare for a while. Then i feel overwhelmed and have to get back up
I sometimes feel like that. So, I'll just remove one of the smaller parts off the sprue and clean it up. That's it, 3 or 4 minutes work, no more.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Finally got some bench time tonight. So started adding the RLM 75. Using Xtracrylixs paint which are temperamental. Because it's been so long since i used them i forgot the paint/water ratio i use so i diluted far too much the first time around. also hadn't cleaned out my airbrush properly so had flow problems.

IMG_2252.JPG