1/32 Scale Sergeant, Motor Machine Gun Corps 1917

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I’m very surprised to hear myself say this, but after the last Fusilier I felt the need to relax with a little ‘painting therapy’!

I don’t buy many figures ‘off the shelf’ as it’s the converting and animating that I really like, and the painting part is a necessary evil, really.

But as I’ve painted a couple of the Tommy’s War figures now I have come to appreciate the experience of painting a really well-sculpted piece with just a few bits to glue together and no creative decisions to be made.

So this is my third Tommy’s War figure, and he’s straight out of the box; well, he was, until after he was finished I realised he didn’t have a canteen, so I altered an Airfix Multipose Eighth Army one( I just couldn’t help myself).

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

He’s on a very simple base for the time being because I bought him to go along with this

1-32 Tommy's War Clyno .jpg

Which I am sorely tempted to start, even though I am in the middle of two large projects already…

Perhaps I need even more of a break from those bloody Fusiliers!
Cheers
Neil

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ooooooooooo!!! Dr. Merryweather goes modern!!! Now that's a bit different (Ok, the marines don't count here). He looks great Neil!!!...But, that Mo-cycle looks even better. Be honest, you know you can't wait to dive into building it!!!...

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's excellent Neil. Those Tommys War figures are quality. Putting him together with the motorcycle is a winner. Go for it :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The little devils are out...go on Neil, I too would like to see the bike made. :smiling6: Nice leather jerkin paint work.

Cheers,
Wabble

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Ooooooooooo!!! Dr. Merryweather goes modern!!! Now that's a bit different (Ok, the marines don't count here). He looks great Neil!!!...But, that Mo-cycle looks even better. Be honest, you know you can't wait to dive into building it!!!...

Prost
Allen

That's excellent Neil. Those Tommys War figures are quality. Putting him together with the motorcycle is a winner. Go for it :thumb2:

The little devils are out...go on Neil, I too would like to see the bike made. :smiling6: Nice leather jerkin paint work.

Cheers,
Wabble

Neil,
Very nice mate.

That's a lovely piece Neil, very nice.
Well thanks very much everyone.
As for building the motorbike kit it's all @Steve Brodie's fault. I was only going to paint the figure until he posted this on Scratch builder's thread ...
I got the kit out of the stash to have a look and then I thought "why not?
I've never built a resin kit before, but I've been a professional model maker for nearly 40 years - how hard can it be....?"
And if not now, when?
So I probably will start in the next few days

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:nerd: very nice Neil. Not a problem to you I'm sure building any thing in resin or otherwise . Bring on the bike !