1/35 3D printed Sonderanhänger Sd. Ah. 56/57. Ammunition trailer for mobile Flak vehicles

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
This was sent to me by a fellow modeller who designed the whole thing from scratch. If you have a 3D printer you can download the kit file at: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/1-35-scale-sd-ah-56-57-ammunition-trailer

Full details of the real thing found here: http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homep...ial_trailers/Sd__Ah__56-57/sd__ah__56-57.html

The kit is an accurate 1/35 representation of a Sd.Ah 56/57 ammunition trailer towed by German mobile flak units in WW2. Trumpeter offers a trailer in many of their Sd.Kfz.7 flak variants but unfortunately it is a mish mash of two trailers and totally incorrect. The only 1/35 kit currently on the market is a resin one made by Wiener Modellbau. https://www.wmm.at/17-military-line/36-amunition-trailer-sdah-57.html. This is a nice kit but is still quite basic and misses many of the trailer’s features.

I built the Wiener kit last year to accompany Trumpeters Sd.Kfz 7 Flak 43 kit

FB_IMG_1589480754815 - Copy.jpgFB_IMG_1589480726839 - Copy.jpg

My kit arrived in a well packaged box, as you can imagine there are many fragile parts. Darius also printed off his own instruction leaflet which looks to be clear and easy to follow. It looks mighty impressive, and the details are so crisp and sharp. There is a myriad of attachment points to many of the parts that will require careful clean-up so I am expecting this will take up most of the build time.

20211231_183630.jpg20211231_183640.jpg

As a 3D kit virgin, I hope I can do the kit justice and am hoping to start this very soon.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
That's a very impressive bit of printing. He has clearly been extra careful with the supports.
Go very carefully with the support removal- ask me how I know..... The tyres should be easy but those rails and things look tricky.
Just support the piece fully and use a new scalpel blade, and don't rush.
Don't just assume you have to use CA because it is resin. You may find it glues well with TET ,depending on which resin he has used, or maybe even a good PVA.
The great thing about downloading this if you have your own printer is that even if you pay for the files you can print unlimited quantities, and you'll never have to worry about the carpet monster again- just print another piece!
This is what the future look like, chaps!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
WOW!
I just downloaded it-£3.32! I expected it to be more.
Not my thing really but I think I will print some of it as a test piece for my own printer, and to keep the discussion going.
His other stuff is very impressive, shame I don't really do German stuff.
Of course another big advantage of owning the files now is that I can re-scale it to 1/32 or even 1/25 if I want.... or just print the bits I want for something else

Last edited:

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
That's a very impressive bit of printing. He has clearly been extra careful with the supports.
Go very carefully with the support removal- ask me how I know..... The tyres should be easy but those rails and things look tricky.
Just support the piece fully and use a new scalpel blade, and don't rush.
Don't just assume you have to use CA because it is resin. You may find it glues well with TET ,depending on which resin he has used, or maybe even a good PVA.
The great thing about downloading this if you have your own printer is that even if you pay for the files you can print unlimited quantities, and you'll never have to worry about the carpet monster again- just print another piece!
This is what the future look like, chaps!
Hi Neil

Its super impressive isnt it. Darius has been great. He has building it himself and updating progress with photos. He has given me loads of tips and methods of how best to safely remove the supports and which glue he has found best to work. I dont have a 3D printer so I was really chuffed he was prepared to print the whole thing out for me and post it accross Europe.

I'm really looking forward to starting it.

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
WOW!
I just downloaded it-£3.32! I expected it to be more.
Not my thing really but I think I will print some of it as a test piece for my own printer, and to keep the discussion going.
His other stuff is very impressive, shame I don't really do German stuff.
Of course another big advantage of owning the files now is that I can re-scale it to 1/32 or even 1/25 if I want.... or just print the bits I want for something else

Yes he has designed many other WW2 German equipment