1/35 88mm flak gun diorama

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
completed now, quite pleased with the way it turned out, although it cant be seen on the pictures the snow has got a slight glisten to it, footprints and wheel tracks are there as well although hard to see in some pics , snow used was krycell fine and extra . just finding somewhere to put it now !

Attachments

• 88mm flak, diorama finished (6).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (6).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (7).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (7).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 41
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (2).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (2).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (4).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (4).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (5).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (5).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (6).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (6).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (7).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (7).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 33
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (8).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (8).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (9).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (9).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 88mm flak, diorama finished (10).jpg
    88mm flak, diorama finished (10).jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 28

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Raymond
That has turned out very nicely indeed. The snow is spot on.
Jim

Reactions: JR

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
a few outdoor photos

Attachments

• finished (2).jpg
    finished (2).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 16
  • finished (3).jpg
    finished (3).jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 17
  • finished (4).jpg
    finished (4).jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 18
  • finished (6).jpg
    finished (6).jpg
    155 KB · Views: 19
  • finished (7).jpg
    finished (7).jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 19
  • finished (8).jpg
    finished (8).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 21
  • finished (5).jpg
    finished (5).jpg
    151 KB · Views: 19

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
very well done ... top job!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ray sorry to be late in commenting, love it.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Great use of the light outdoors with the shadows.
Think you have it perfectly with the snow, what is that great looking " Pine tree " made from, I seem to remember Paul "Scotty " doing one like it, certainly looks realistic
Definitely one to be proud of.

Hope you send Chris at Precision Ice & Snow some photos, he loves to hear from customers.

shovelhead 1977

SMF Supporter
First Name
raymond
hi john ,glad you like it. chris asked for a few pics so have sent him some, i'm hoping for real snow so I can take more photos which will make the model blend in more ! the boughs of the tree I sent off to a model company called panzer models who make these boughs,,,very realistic and fragile even the 'needles' drop if your not careful !I tried making some branches but couldn't get the hang of it ! the trunk is balsa dowel , rub a wire brush up and down it and it creates the look of bark, the harder you do it the deeper looking the bark . drilled small holes in it to fit the branches in with super glue, used hairspray to attach the snow and sprayed everything with the hairspray to seal it all , logs and fallen tree are balsa dowel just snapped and painted and covered in snow, tufts of grass and bushes are model railway scenics and the rocks are stones i picked off the road [ pothole debris ! ]. fence is bits of sprue roughed up and the wire is necklace wire ! quite pleased as this is my first ever diorama as well as using the snow materials. hope this has helped you a bit john

Last edited:

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
I’d be disappointed if that’s not incorporated in to your Christmas decorations somehow....maybe zero’d on the big mans sherry...?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
hi john ,glad you like it. chris asked for a few pics so have sent him some, i'm hoping for real snow so I can take more photos which will make the model blend in more ! the boughs of the tree I sent off to a model company called panzer models who make these boughs,,,very realistic and fragile even the 'needles' drop if your not careful !I tried making some branches but couldn't get the hang of it ! the trunk is balsa dowel , rub a wire brush up and down it and it creates the look of bark, the harder you do it the deeper looking the bark . drilled small holes in it to fit the branches in with super glue, used hairspray to attach the snow and sprayed everything with the hairspray to seal it all , logs and fallen tree are balsa dowel just snapped and painted and covered in snow, tufts of grass and bushes are model railway scenics and the rocks are stones i picked off the road [ pothole debris ! ]. fence is bits of sprue roughed up and the wire is necklace wire ! quite pleased as this is my first ever diorama as well as using the snow materials. hope this has helped you a bit john
Ray, thanks for your reply, off to check out panzer models.
Found the item, just read they will send details of how they make them, do have Emailed.