1/35 BA 64 ARMORED CAR by VISION MODELS

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Some time ago I built a BA 64 from Parc models, , not the best of kits, Simon T recommended this the have a go at. What a difference it was, things fitted, I managed to get all 4 wheels on the ground, probably a first for me :smiling::smiling::smiling:.

Having had problems with the KV-2 I decided to build this to clear my head while things dried. Not a lot of photos.

2019_7.jpg

2019.jpg

2019_2.jpg

Above is when I had done the brown primer coat, followed by a layer of chipping, and finished with a coat of 4 BO There is a little spatter from a brush with some light earth on .

2019_3.jpg

2019_4.jpg

2019_5.jpg

2019_6.jpg

Needs a little tidying up , but pleased with the result, certainly lifts the mood when you've had a struggle with another kit.

John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Nice. I like these Russian heavy armoured cars. Never heard of Vision Models but looks good. Certainly better than the Parc Models one. I built a variant of this from Eastern Express a while ago and I don't recommend that either :thinking:
Definitely good to have something else on the go when a kit is giving you grief!!
Dio planned?
Jim

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A very nice "interlude" build Mr Race. Glad to see it went together better than the first kit. Well done sir.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, its always nice to build something that goes together well...kind of therapeutic. Vision Models also produce a 105 Pack Howitzer which I have. Didn't want to pay silly money for the Tamiya metal one at the time. I think Bronco have one now.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nicely done John. One of my favourite armoured cars - I've built the Tamiya 1/48 version.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Some great work, and as you say, all four wheels on the ground, well done you.
Now go clear your head, I find a wall usually helps, or SWMBO's swift clout with the frying pan...
Mike.

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you one and all Jim , Steve, Richard, Si, Peter, Paul and Mike.
To have a success is a great up lift. Not been feeling to good the last couple of nights, tight chest, so made an online appointment at the Doctors this afternoon and had an appointment for the same day !!!!! whose a luckily boy then. Not a full infection but being asthmatic has its problems, so quick intervention is the best step.
Still have to finish the internal part of the turret, don't know about a dio Jim , may just place it next to the first one showing how it should have looked with the turret.

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Decals on, and a touch of white on the front, looks ok with the weathering, just need a coat of mat.

Attachments

• 2019_14.jpg
    2019_14.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2019_15.jpg
    2019_15.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 13

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Cracking result mate. Hope your feeling better my friend take things easy.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Hope you are feeling better, I usually find loosening the bra helps.... Lucky with that appointment, when we go to make our appointments the delay is so long they ask if you could bring your own coffin.... they do not have a hearse, they just use a 7.5 ton truck and ship in bulk...
Take care
Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Hope you are feeling better, I usually find loosening the bra helps.... Lucky with that appointment, when we go to make our appointments the delay is so long they ask if you could bring your own coffin.... they do not have a hearse, they just use a 7.5 ton truck and ship in bulk...
Take care
Mike.
:tongue-out::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:.Thanks Mike . A stroke of luck indeed.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Looking very good indeed as always.

All the best.

Andrew

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
SORRY i missed this one....

looks super.... very nice aging and weathering... ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
SORRY i missed this one....

looks super.... very nice aging and weathering... ;)
That's ok Greg, so much happening I miss myself, glad you found it though .Only did it as a fill in and it came out ok .