1/35 ChTZ 60 Stalinetz Tractor by Thunder Models.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
The figures are looking great I like the woman with the flowery blouse a nice touch of colour.
Cheers Paul, certainly makes a change to do something other than green !.

Hi John
Figures look fine. Agree with Scottie about the colourfulness of Mrs Flowery Blouse.
Jim
:smiling: Yes Mrs Flowery Blouse came out well , not what she said to Farmer Guga, nows he's messed up the S60.

Nice figures John - all looking very Russian. Coming along nicely.
Thanks Peter.

Well have to report I've felt like :poop: since Tuesday,not any interest in anything really, just slept. Down to some strong antihistamine tablets, there is a warning that they can make you drowsy, but nothing about knocking you out. That sort of being woken up when your in a deep sleep , and so you end up feeling like nothing all day. Its taken until this morning to start to feel like it again.
Sam going to have a catch up on the forum, as usual I will have missed loads of interesting posts.
I done some work to the dio, reads grass and shrubs, so will post an update tomorrow.

John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Glad you're on the mend. Take it easy for a few more days or you'll just make yourself poorly again.
Jim

Reactions: JR

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Lovely work on the dio John :thumb2: .
The bridge looks great, will be an eyecatcher on its own:cool:.

Glad you're feeling better now, take care.
Ps. sorry to read about the loss of your friend, my condoleances.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Glad you're on the mend. Take it easy for a few more days or you'll just make yourself poorly again.
Jim
Thanks Jim, no double gardening this week either ! Christine reminding me I'm not in my 20's any more .:flushed: and don't I know it. '

Lovely work on the dio John :thumb2: .
The bridge looks great, will be an eyecatcher on its own:cool:.

Glad you're feeling better now, take care.
Ps. sorry to read about the loss of your friend, my condoleances.
Fernando that's kind of you. Glad you like the bridge, pity its going to be crushed in a day ot two !

Appreciate you condolences , thank you .

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Paul.
Messed up the photos and text, sprayed the brown , then the chipping fluid, once dry did the top coat in grey.
Then after an hr started the chipping. Finished off with a coat of gloss varnish so I can do the pin washes tomorrow and oil work .

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
All looking great John, have not my self worked on a base centered dio for a while, but am I?
Massive dio coming of 8x8 German armored car (SD.Kfz 232) and Tiger 1 moving east through a shattered Russian village
Waiting for assault troops via post.

Love the bridge and water looks great, thought I saw a crayfish skitter by or maybe one too many vodkas ;)

Cheerio, hic :tongue-out3:

Jim
GDczLRgrjDeIesSMmRBQHaGZ&w=225&h=194&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
This is looking great, John :thumb2:
I really like the embroidery, I think you've found your niche....

• Love
Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, the figures are looking good with the wash...faces have purked up and they all look happy. Bridge and water looking fine...here's a suggestion for later, pick out some of the reed stems and bend them ever so slightly. You can also fold some down at certain height intervals or at the tips. If you have a flat nosed plier , use it to press the tips...hopefully they would flatten enough to look like leaves.

That tree at the end of the bridge...the real one in your garden, have you found a way to grow Siamese Durian trees in the UK? The leaves look awfully similar to the species.:tears-of-joy:

Tractor looks really used.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
All looking great John, have not my self worked on a base centered dio for a while, but am I?
Massive dio coming of 8x8 German armored car (SD.Kfz 232) and Tiger 1 moving east through a shattered Russian village
Waiting for assault troops via post.

Love the bridge and water looks great, thought I saw a crayfish skitter by or maybe one too many vodkas ;)

Cheerio, hic :tongue-out3:

Jim
View attachment 355560
Hi Jim, thanks, will keep a look out for that .
This is looking great, John :thumb2:
I really like the embroidery, I think you've found your niche....
Thanks Neil, that came out better than I hoped, perhaps your right :smiling2::smiling2:.

Hi John, the figures are looking good with the wash...faces have purked up and they all look happy. Bridge and water looking fine...here's a suggestion for later, pick out some of the reed stems and bend them ever so slightly. You can also fold some down at certain height intervals or at the tips. If you have a flat nosed plier , use it to press the tips...hopefully they would flatten enough to look like leaves.

That tree at the end of the bridge...the real one in your garden, have you found a way to grow Siamese Durian trees in the UK? The leaves look awfully similar to the species.:tears-of-joy:

Tractor looks really used.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
That's a good idea Richard, I'll try that tomorrow. Glad you like the tractor, as to the tree embarrassingly I can't remember what it's called !!!! Will find out . Unfortunately it's not what you suggested. I looked those up, is it what we call a lychee ?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning John,

Blimey mate, this has come on loads in the last two days....very nice indeed:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Looking great John.

Chipping on the tractor is very effective, and the dio is something else. In the shot looking across the bridge it's hard to tell where your work ends and reality begins!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Very productive couple of days. Figures certainly look good. Tractor has turned out well - we all said paint and a bit of wear and tear would work wonders.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning John,

Blimey mate, this has come on loads in the last two days....very nice indeed:thumb2:
Hi Si, yes it suddenly all came together, thanks .
Looking great John.

Chipping on the tractor is very effective, and the dio is something else. In the shot looking across the bridge it's hard to tell where your work ends and reality begins!
Andy trying to produce a better setting for the finals. The chipping seems to be going in the right direction, thank you , enough chips I think, just the pin wash and some weathering . Don't want to over do it .
Hi John
Very productive couple of days. Figures certainly look good. Tractor has turned out well - we all said paint and a bit of wear and tear would work wonders.
Jim
You were quite right Jim, I'm more than pleased .I've collapsed the bridge and the S60 it sits well half on and half in the water. Currently on the bench for some leather work and washes .

Coming on strong. PaulE
Hi Paul, cheers buddy .

John .
Thanks for the support definitely keeps the mojo up .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Back and nearly finished, and need to as well what with two group builds to think about .

Did a brown wash on the S60 and a black engine oil. Seat dry brushed, and that's about it, no mud because it would have been in the heat of summer, might give it some dust ?

Here we go.

IMG_20190903_160140815.jpg

IMG_20190903_160156026.jpg

IMG_20190903_160205169.jpg

IMG_20190903_160230044_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190903_160341832.jpg

Would have liked a bit of sag under neath, but don't think there was a lot anyway.
Figures are in the process of having CA removed from their feet, and a touch up in that area.
Might get some more done tomorrow.
Thanks for looking in .
John

Attachments

• IMG_20190903_160259632_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190903_160259632_HDR.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 4