1:35 Dragon 6287 88mm Flak 37 (build version: 37, transport, extended shield)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I have seen an image of a Panzer IV painted with a broom, I think. It looked absolutely awful, and I don't think I would feel good trying to replicate that specific look.
TBH, military modelling has descended too far into art in some areas, if you ask me, and painting German WWII vehicles is one of those areas :smiling3:

However, the fact that not all camo was spraypainted on (as opposed to "all" models of those vehicles)
Exactly. It seems modellers all want to have “beautiful” camouflage on their tanks, rather than the kind of camouflage that they had in the real world.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
TBH, military modelling has descended too far into art in some areas, if you ask me, and painting German WWII vehicles is one of those areas :smiling3:

Exactly. It seems modellers all want to have “beautiful” camouflage on their tanks, rather than the kind of camouflage that they had in the real world.

I hear you on those two points.

A perhaps funny way I feel the same is when chipping German vehicles: I always feel the red oxide primer looks like the bloody center of a big pimple :confused: And so actually lean towards metallic in the center, rather than red. I know it's wrong, but I have not gotten used to the other look yet.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Why would metal in the middle be wrong? First the paint wears through, exposing the red lead primer, then that also wears through and exposes bare metal.

My complaint about chipping is that it is really overdone on most models :smiling3:

Last edited: