1/35 German POW and Refugees sets for "The Road"

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Be gentle its my first time and there are some very big foot prints to follow in the dust of the figure painting section.

You do know, I am a big fan, don't your Peter!;)

They are all scribed, which makes me think that they might not be originals!!!

It has taken 3 weeks, a lot of work for £60!

Any way here they are and the photos are poor, but I shall introduce each one as it gets some paint thrown at it!!

The POW's

1K2ETHD.jpg
72AP9JM.jpg
D4kXKrN.jpg

The refugees

NZhxB4w.jpg
bDYPmmq.jpg

The pram

ST3zcZu.jpg

I shall be as ""productive" as possible, but I'm more of a builder than painter, so be patient.

More soon?

Regards

Steve H

ps I needed a big push to do this,

Thanks Peter!

D

Deleted member 6559

You don't do things by halves do you Steve? This looks like an epic set up and I'm sure you're going to have FUN painting them. I'm going to enjoy watching these come together (I've personally got all the time in the world to sit and watch, so no excuses).

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
In at the deep end. It will make a stunning dio when completed. Do you intend to finish each figure one at a time or bring all the figures on together? I can see advantages and disadvantages with each approach.
Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Thanks for popping by gents

More interest than I expected!

I hope to paint the figures in batches to vary the field grey as we all know it isn't a consistent colour and is a great opportunity to show than off, without falling foul of the "rivet counters":smiling5:

The "Classic" reference

f7PQYhf.jpg

More soon?

Thanks for the input

Much appreciated

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Plenty of figures to practice on mate. I admire your determination to get the figure painting dark art cracked. Looking good so far.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Steve

In the deep end for sure!

A little brush work to get me started, some wet blending on some leather luggage to start the ball rolling

After a couple of hours getting back into the swing of it, here is what I have!

TOTa6Un.jpg
OYZwcJC.jpg
YmpycfZ.jpg
9HAdbtE.jpg

Not too bad but will need a little bit of tidying, catches, zips and locks and some gloss on the rubber plant after a 2nd coat of a darker green wash on the leaves.

The tree trunks they are mounted on are cocktail sticks to give you some idea of size, all very small as its all 1/35!

More soon?

Regards

Steve H

Last edited:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good start, never seen the field grey uniform photo before, so very eye opening- Thanks

M

MicroModeller

Hi Steve so many different variations in uniform colours. Nice painting work, will be watching with interest.