1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greeting's, seating now available for this forthcoming diorama.

Full social distancing is expected as Matron is on the door taking temperatures.

Right, most of you will have seen the struggle to find the correct figures and ammo.
No response from RB models re the latter, so change of track. Well no ammo , no firing, no crew so taking the suggestion from Jakko as to having allied troops looking at it I've decided to have this set in Berlin in 1945, with the Russians examining the gun now abandoned by the enemy.
1495017388-12607200.jpg
Should be fun, I've some Russian Officers and a tank crew that can be used as the figures looking the gun over, also another kit of German prisoners with a Russian guard that could be walking by. This all depends of how big a foot print the dio will need.
Tickets through normal channels @ Mrs Jones Ticket Agent.
Refreshments courtesy of Mr Allen Dewire and Steve Jones.

Dzhon Raceisty.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
How would I guess Russians will be looking at this does anybody else agree???

John. looks like I have the front row seat on this one my tea cup is ready for a big cup of the Yorkshire. Waiting for Steve with the biscuits

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I'll stop by from time to time too, if it's MB I have that same prisoner set somewhere on the go, well 1 figure assembled anyway.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Rabble members, I see a good turnout has occurred.

How would I guess Russians will be looking at this does anybody else agree???

John. looks like I have the front row seat on this one my tea cup is ready for a big cup of the Yorkshire. Waiting for Steve with the biscuits
Lee, front seat it is. Tea is brewing.

OOOOOO......biscuits??? I'm in. Make mine a Tetley's....no cream or sugar if you please.

Sorry Rick , Yorkshire Tea only, I'll ask me Jones to see if he has any at home.

Rick. Do you want Black, Ginger or herbal Tetleys tea?
Don't confuse matters Lee, tell him only proper tea is served here:nerd:.

Hi John, I'll join in with bunch. I hope Matron doesn't use the gun thermometer like a six shooter. :tears-of-joy: With the rabble she might pack pearl hand grips in twin holsters.

Cheers,
Richard.
Greeting Richard, Matron is on form , one slap from her keeps most people in check.

I'll stop by from time to time too, if it's MB I have that same prisoner set somewhere on the go, well 1 figure assembled anyway.
Hi Karl, yes it is, looks ok from the box art, what's the moulding like ? Be prepared for a thread that goes off on different angles at times. Some participants can get excited. !

Looking forward to this one mate. Is it going to be a street scene with another one of your epic buildings?? Great to see the mojo has returned. Best of luck my friend.

Steve indeed it is, quite a tight size, gun facing down a street with the Russians at the front looking it over and the German prisoners behind it . With load's of debri :nerd:

I'm in as always John

Welcome Simon, can't see any chance of any scratchery on this, but I suppose the mud guards could be reworked, but should be fun. Does come however with a metal barrel !

Waiting for some offers to come back from Evil bay, one set on its way

1594195628025.png

along with

1594195718785.png

Hopefully my offer for
1594195803285.png

Will be accepted, if so would only use the two figures standing.

Dzhon.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I'm using that Mini-art and MB set in the same scene too.....also thinking of adding some Naval troops to the mix. Passing some troops eating in a ruined building. But it's down my list of current shelf queens to go back to.
Moulding not too bad just limited by what injection moulding can do, I had been scribing some better definition around pockets etc and I also have a pack or two of Hornet heads to replace the shabbier examples.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm using that Mini-art and MB set in the same scene too.....also thinking of adding some Naval troops to the mix. Passing some troops eating in a ruined building. But it's down my list of current shelf queens to go back to.
Moulding not too bad just limited by what injection moulding can do, I had been scribing some better definition around pockets etc and I also have a pack or two of Hornet heads to replace the shabbier examples.
Thanks Karl. Great minds think alike then .:smiling3:. Good idea with the scribing, never got around to trying that, so maybe will have a try. I've some suitable Hornet heads, just my face painting is not up to much , having to rely on a games wash.
Will be interesting to see your build .

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Will be interesting to see your build .
My mistake, not quite the same marching infantry, and I've dug out the box and have decided to crack on so will be creating my own thread.
The scribing was inspired by one of the guys on the MM forum, he done an SBS on improving a plastic US Airborne figure, though I don't think I'll go as fafr as replacing boot laces......
Not the best with figures either which was the drive behind starting the dio in the first place.

Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Nice set of figs you have chosen, Sorry for the confusion on the tea I new better than to only offer Yorkshire please don’t send me to the Race Towers on this one

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Matron has passed me fit - what does she know :tongue-out3: But at least I'm in. Tea, milk but no sugar and digestive biccies. My probation officer doesn't like me mixing with ne'er do wells but I've disabled my tag so what she doesn't know can't hurt her.
Sounds like a nice idea for a dio. Must have been scenes like this all over Berlin in '45. One of the most brutal and inhuman periods of the war. As Steve says it will be an ideal opportunity for you to build one of your brilliant ruined street dios.
Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Great choice John

After checking Scalemates, my digital stash, easier than climbing into the attic, I have one of these little monkeys!

I have also got both figure sets 1/2 painted somewhere up there too!

So, I'll squeeze in at the back and watch your magic show as you get it all onto another base with as little fire as possible;)

Have fun and enjoy the mojo renewal

Regards

Steve H

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Did you try 12.8cm ammo TCA #35031 in resin? PaulE