1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Figures look great John. I had my flu jab at work last year...felt like someone had taken a hammer to my arm! Couldn't lift it over my head for three days.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
At least that one’s generating plenty of antibodies John.....A few years ago I had a blood test taken from my right arm, but the nurse insisted on sitting at my left side and leaning across me to take the bloods :anguished:. She then complained that the room had been set up wrong for her, so I said “why didn’t you just ask me to sit in the other chair” and got a look of utter confusion! Thankfully the phlebotomist at my local surgery where I get my regular RA blood tests is fantastic....
MorningTim.Yes some can take blood or give an injection and its virtually painless.S
hould I'd have gone in backwards then ?:smiling3:

Sorry not to have dropped in more frequently John. The figures are amazing. They all have that most important quality - character. Amazing work.
Peter thank you, coming from you that means a great deal .
They're looking good John.
Pete
Thanks Pete.
It is all getting better looking John :smiling3:.
Cheers Ralph.It's taken long enough to grasp.
Look'in mighty fine Dzohn. PaulE
Thanks Buddy.:thumb2:

Hi John
I'm with the others - figures lookreally great.
I am booked in for my flu jab in October. I've never had a bad reaction in all the years I've had it so hope it will be the same this year. The vaccine alters slightly each year so no guarantee but I'm hopeful.
Jim
Let's hope so Jim, I'd never been effected before apart from maybe a sore arm. Looking up on the net I had the normal reaction if one was going to have any. Feel OK this morning and arm is normal. You'll be fine ,I could ask Matron to call if you'd prefer.:smiling3::smiling2:.

Very nice indeed sir :cool::thumb2:
Thank you young man :smiling3:
John,
You have certainly got the hang of this figure painting lark.
Paul, kind of you to say, certainly taken long enough.:smiling2:
Figures look great John. I had my flu jab at work last year...felt like someone had taken a hammer to my arm! Couldn't lift it over my head for three days.
Thanks Jack. Arm now thank goodness.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello from a somewhat wet and dreary Lincs. Definitely modelling time has arrived this week.

Having said that I've only managed a sort session at the bench, and that was today for about an hr.

Only included the Russian gang as nothing done on the POW's.

Painting using the Lifecolour Set and a few browns and a Khaki from Vallejo. Still very much in work but pleased so far.

2020_7a.jpg
The poor Officer on the left looks like he's just seen a ghost :smiling3: or one of Bob's StuGs creeping up on him.

2020_2_2a.jpg
Personally I like the 4th from the left, his face, although dark looks as he's very dirty and those highlights are right.

Comments and hints welcome please.

Thanks for looking in.
Dude 1 pm later

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
They are coming along quite well John, I stay well away from figures, in fact I would rather build and paint a plane than a figure.

Andy.

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John
Agree ref the fourth from the left, his face is excellent. Shows how little the eyes really matter in this scale if the rest of the shading is spot on. The others are on the money as well. The guy on the right has the same sort of face but the viewing angle doesn’t show it off so well. Remember they are magnified and we are looking at them from underneath....Looking from above they will look pretty fine.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
They are coming along quite well John, I stay well away from figures, in fact I would rather build and paint a plane than a figure.

Andy.
Can see your point Andy , It's only this build I've really strated to enjoy doing them .
You should be pleased. Brilliant work John.

Thank you Peter, have to give you credit for showing and telling us how .
Hi John
Agree ref the fourth from the left, his face is excellent. Shows how little the eyes really matter in this scale if the rest of the shading is spot on. The others are on the money as well. The guy on the right has the same sort of face but the viewing angle doesn’t show it off so well. Remember they are magnified and we are looking at them from underneath....Looking from above they will look pretty fine.
Cheers Tim, I'm going to have another look at some of the faces and try to achieve that look .It was more by luck but I think it can be done again .When you told me long ago about using that wash on faces I realised that the eyes were more about shadow and high lights .
Bloomin' Marvellous, JR!
Thank you young Sir

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
They look great John. You should be very proud of those guys.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
Very nice work on the figures, they look superb :thumb2:
getting better all the time sir :smiling4:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
They look great John. You should be very proud of those guys.
Jim
Morning Jim, thank you. Still need a bit of tidying up.

Evening John,
Very nice work on the figures, they look superb :thumb2:
getting better all the time sir :smiling4:

Why thank you young Si. Glad you think so.
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all, spent some time to day at the bench, having spent several days planting plug plants and around 100 bulbs. Looking fwd to spring !!!!

Right, to- day was fit the weapons day, nor as perfect as I would have liked on some. No doubt fitting the weapons as I built the figures would have been best, but then the problem of attempting to paint with them in the way. A couple of hands could have been better placed, but it's all fun and practice.

2020_3.jpg2020_2.jpg

I could play about with these for days, can see the faults, but quite happy to think I have progressed this far. Of course when they are in the dio they will blend it perfectly.

The gun is next, glad I left the barrel part unglued from the wheeled section, still going to be fun the paint. Think I had primed that barrel with Mr Hobby, will soon find out.

If the gun over the balds guy shoulder is German, that's not as problem, he picked it up !

Thanks for looking in. comments welcome.
John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done mate. Your figure painting certainly has come on so well. Great attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing them in place. Keep up the great work my friend

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks the "Bomb" JR.
Rick H.
Thanks Rick.

Well done mate. Your figure painting certainly has come on so well. Great attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing them in place. Keep up the great work my friend
Cheers Steve.Taken long enough to get to this stage, just wish I was 20 years younger !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cracking work John.
Thank you Peter. A long way from your standard I fear, I look at the 1/35 figures you sent me, still amazed goes you managed to paint such detail .
Exactly. They will bring your dio to life. Well done indeed.
Jim
Jim :thumb2::smiling3:,viewed from 2 ft they pass muster.:smiling3: