1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My mistake, not quite the same marching infantry, and I've dug out the box and have decided to crack on so will be creating my own thread.
The scribing was inspired by one of the guys on the MM forum, he done an SBS on improving a plastic US Airborne figure, though I don't think I'll go as fafr as replacing boot laces......
Not the best with figures either which was the drive behind starting the dio in the first place.
Karl.
Yes think I'd draw the line at boot laces too!
Will look fwd to seeing your thread.

John. Nice set of figs you have chosen, Sorry for the confusion on the tea I new better than to only offer Yorkshire please don’t send me to the Race Towers on this one
No your quite safe Lee, remember there is only one tea YORKSHIRE.:nerd:

Hi John
Matron has passed me fit - what does she know :tongue-out3: But at least I'm in. Tea, milk but no sugar and digestive biccies. My probation officer doesn't like me mixing with ne'er do wells but I've disabled my tag so what she doesn't know can't hurt her.
Sounds like a nice idea for a dio. Must have been scenes like this all over Berlin in '45. One of the most brutal and inhuman periods of the war. As Steve says it will be an ideal opportunity for you to build one of your brilliant ruined street dios.
Jim
Welcome Jim. Oh your alright with the Rabble, give them tea, plenty of biscuits and they will sit all-day talking to themselves.
Yes not a pleasent time to be in Berlin, unfortunately it showed a very unpleasant side of the Russians. Mind they had witnessed the carnage and brutality of the retreating German's, but two wrongs are never right .

A great idea. Can't wait. Confined to ward currently due to unauthorized absence. Bed #105
Arg Patient 105, well as member of the escape committee you have to face the wrath of Matron from time to time .
I looked at those resin parts, couldn't see If anyone stocked them, a name I'd never come across before.

Great choice John

After checking Scalemates, my digital stash, easier than climbing into the attic, I have one of these little monkeys!

I have also got both figure sets 1/2 painted somewhere up there too!

So, I'll squeeze in at the back and watch your magic show as you get it all onto another base with as little fire as possible;)

Have fun and enjoy the mojo renewal

Regards

Steve H

Thanks Steve.
Yes Stalemates is great, suddenly remembered I was a member, loads of stuff done that was on my stash list, will have to update it at some point.
About time you got those figures finished then :smiling2::smiling3::nerd:.

Oooooh, this is going to be good.....
That's kind of you to say Peter, better do it well then .:thumb2:
As I imagine rtfoe's comment about Matron's temp guns. Bed#105
View attachment 392090
How did you get hold of that photo of a very young Matron ? Don't let her know you got hold of a copy !

Had a counter offer for the Dragon kit from the seller, so put in another and had that accepted Why give the choice of making an offer and them refuse any made by making a counter offer equal to the buy now price.:angry: Expected from Sep to Oct :disappointed:At least I've got it .

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening from a wet Lincs, certainly feels back to normal temp wise and modeling.

Started to upgrade the bench, was far too low and was causing back ache . Started with a 100mm tall cardboard box to see what the change would be like . Perfect. So set to on Thursday by this morning I had this.

2020_7A.jpg

Even had a clean up ! Mrs R says we are going to clean a shelf each day, so it doesn't end up all under the carport and takes days.

A start was made on the kit.

2020_4.jpg

Came complete with the metal barrel and some PE. Think I can manage with that ok.:smiling2:
Nice clean mouldings, very little flash, in fact most parts are completely devoid. Makes a change fro some of the kits i've had.

Instructions seem ok. Will see if they confuse me further into the build as then there are a lot of parts on the wheel and axle assemblies.:confused:

2020_5.jpg
A Good few smallish parts, but so clean, plastic does seem soft, so how this will effect removing some parts will be seen.

2020_6.jpg

The legs to the lower left and upper right with the pins in the connection points have been left unglued, a really good snap fit. Will make it easier when it come to the final position on the dio.

Spades.

2020_7.jpg

More hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for looking in C&C welcome.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Improved bench looks good. For someone with your skills not a big job. I'm sure it will make a lot of difference.
Kit looks nice. No flash and good fit.
Jim

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Got room for me John? I will be taking nores as I want to build a gun sometime.

Andy.

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Nice bench John

Still got your skill set in those hands

Nice start on this one too, hopefully the soft plastic wont be an issue with mould lines

Looking forward to seeing it develop over the next week and a metal barrel, that is a real bonus

Well done

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Nice start John. Those wheel assemblies do look fiddly - rather you than me.

Thought of you yesterday as I watched a Russian film called White Tiger on U-Tube. It's about a Soviet T-34 crew trying to knock out a phantom white German tiger tank. Lots of mystical nonsense and a messy narrative, but it looks good - plenty of T-34s and a terrific battle in a John Race-style Russian village, all mud and spatter and half derelict wooden buildings. Interesting to see the weathering on the tanks as well..

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
That is a BEAST of a cannon...and l thought that 88 was deadly......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Apologies mate only just found this, can you please find me a place amongst the rabble.
Paul always room mate, just ask Chris to more his mooring up a bit. :smiling2:.

Hi John
Improved bench looks good. For someone with your skills not a big job. I'm sure it will make a lot of difference.
Kit looks nice. No flash and good fit.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I enjoyed building it.

Got room for me John? I will be taking nores as I want to build a gun sometime.

Andy.
Andy, your more than welcome, take notes on how not to do it might be better ! :smiling3:

Looking good so far John.... and the bench as well!!!
Jason
Cheers Jason.

That's a hefty kit for what it is. I expect it to look great once built.

Must have been quite a sight Toby in real life, even the kit is a fair size.

Hi great start but have you done with John Race :smiling6:.
Pete.

I quite understand your question Pete. Occasionally I have these moments of tidiness. Christine who I'm convinced is a member of the Tidy Bench Club and a spy for Jim takes full advantage of such times. We are currently cleaning the cave, shelf by shelf. This morning it was the book shelves.

Nice bench John

Still got your skill set in those hands

Nice start on this one too, hopefully the soft plastic wont be an issue with mould lines

Looking forward to seeing it develop over the next week and a metal barrel, that is a real bonus

Well done

Steve H

Thanks Steve, seems to be going ok................................ so far :smiling2:

Nice start John. Those wheel assemblies do look fiddly - rather you than me.

Thought of you yesterday as I watched a Russian film called White Tiger on U-Tube. It's about a Soviet T-34 crew trying to knock out a phantom white German tiger tank. Lots of mystical nonsense and a messy narrative, but it looks good - plenty of T-34s and a terrific battle in a John Race-style Russian village, all mud and spatter and half derelict wooden buildings. Interesting to see the weathering on the tanks as well..

Peter at least there are no separate plastic tracks or chassis to drive me to despair.

Thanks for the info on the Youtube video, I've added it to my watch list.:thumb2:

Nice start on what was a very heavy gun John, looking forward to see it finished.

Cheers

Welcome Wouter.:thumb2:

That is a BEAST of a cannon...and l thought that 88 was deadly......

Tis a beast Greg, unfortunately German. :disappointed: .

John. A couple of stills from White Tiger:

View attachment 392338View attachment 392339

(For reference only).

Thanks Peter, I had a look at U tube just now, so plan to watch tonight.

At least the T-34's are T-34's. That Tiger in that film is just...horrendeous :flushed::tears-of-joy:

Suppose Wouter there are plenty of T34's about, but thes Tiger safely locked away at Bovington during this movie.

Last edited: