1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today saw very little done, just the corresponding axle top.

2020.jpg
While those were drying I made a start on the gun.

2020_2.jpg2020_3.jpg

Unfortunately my eye had had enough by this time so retreated to the Nillega tests on the leaves.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Afternoon.
Got on quite well today, only one part, well there are two intotal caused a few problems, mainly because the drawing wasn't to clear to me. They appear ok though as long as you don't look to keenly.

2020_8.jpg
May looks all very apparent to some, but with the sizes I can barely see any detail as in C23, that reduced end is a nono.

2020_9.jpg
By this time I must have stared at this drawing for what seems like hrs, so taking the glue I set too.

2020.jpg
Seeing this in close up the left hand lever thing should have gone to the RH side of the part on the bar. The one on the right is the wrong way round ! no wonder it didn't fit . Oh well something to alter tomorrow:smiling3:

2020_4.jpg

2020_3.jpg2020_3.jpg

2020_2.jpg2020_2.jpg

Decide to have the breach open as if they fired their last round and gave up.

2020.jpg

C&C WELCOME.
Thanks for looking in.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks like a really detailed model John, good work.

Andy.
Looks like a really detailed model John, good work.

Andy.
Thanks Andy.

John,
These details certainly test the eye sight.
You can say that again Paul. Spotted the first printing error earlier, two parts right and left miss numbered. Not long to go on this part now.

I made a slight c***-*p at the begining, reduced the night of the base legs, as if it was in transportation more. With a gentle sawing and some sprue think I can replace the gap and get it right.
Paint wise Yellow , but this gun has been in battle so lots of chips and grime.Rubble galore and derbris. Looking fwd to to dio part !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all.

Carried on with the gun assembly.

2020_2.jpg

2020_3.jpg
Some very thin section here but managed not to damage any.2020_5.jpg2020_5.jpg

2020_6.jpg
Spot the error----------- yes two B 8's, Easy to see if you got mixed up, but proofreading would help.

2020.jpg
I loved this piece, everything just fell into place, the smallest pins fitted, again the moulding is perfection, and it's not a new kit either.

2020_2.jpg
2020.jpg

All wheels on, since that photo was taken all the support flanges have been cut off, new replacement off cut of sprue Ca'd onto the flange. Hopefully they can go back on tomorrow.

C&C even abuse welcome.

Thanks for looking in.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OOh loverly stuff, John
Thanks Neil.

Nice work John, looks like another model I want to build.

Andy.
It's a beauty to build, some of the instructions to me seem a little misleading, although the drawings themselves are good , some of the arrows pointing to where the part to fit afe not clear. That could be down to me, some one else with more knowledge of the gun might well sail through.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some nice fine work Dzohn. PaulE

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
B****y Nora John you're really on a roll with this. It is certainly looking superbly detailed but we'll have to christen you Hawkeye :tongue-out3: Keep up the insane great work.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
B****y Nora John you're really on a roll with this. It is certainly looking superbly detailed but we'll have to christen you Hawkeye :tongue-out3: Keep up the insane great work.
Jim
That's kind Jim, but I think the new raised work area has made a big difference, no longer cramped being over. Should be finished by Sunday afternoon !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks very nicely detailed John.
Pete
Really is Pete, if a kit that came out some years ago with this fine detail on it, and no flash to speak of there is no excuse for any modern kit to have any faults .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Was hoping to get this done today, and have achieved it.
When I first looked inside the box after having been given it a few years back I thought I'd never build that ! The thin sections of plastic had put me off and the instructions had looked very complex.

Apart from some rather vague lines showing where things should go and the miss numbering the kit itself has been a pleasure to build. Moulding lines were none existent, the only real cleaning was where I had cut off the part from the sprue. That itself was very small with using a pair of Tamiya sprue cutters that I bought last year.

The barrel came with the kit.
2020.jpg
Three sections, had to sand the insert part to fit into the plastic housing .

2020_14.jpg
Quite a size.

2020_3.jpg

Some very small parts to make up the chair for the gunner.

2020_5.jpg2020_5.jpg

2020_9.jpg
Even managed to have the towing connection loose !
2020_6.jpg

2020_7.jpg

The breach still opens

2020_12.jpg

2020_11.jpg

2020_10.jpg

That's it, now the fun can begin with the street scene, painting and the figures. Might be a long wait because one box of figures are on their way from Hong Kong.

Thanks for keeping me company, C&C WELCOME.

John.

Attachments

• 2020_4.jpg
    2020_4.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 3

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Wow..very well build...and as l said before...what a beast

Reactions: JR