1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

First Name
Wouter
Suppose Wouter there are plenty of T34's about, but the was Tiger safely locked away at Bovington during this movie.
True that, but there are better fake Tiger I's out there, like the one used in Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers...ok, based on a T-55 or 62 it's still ugly, but much better. This one looks a bit like Belgium's minister of social affairs and national health Maggie De Block (google her :tongue-out3: ). I remember the Russians even built a good copy of a Tiger I couple of years ago for a film, but can't remember what it was called.

Cheers

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The addition of some more figures sets arriving this morning has increased the choice.

2020_2_2as.jpg2020_3as.jpg will use all of those, along with some of these 2020_3.jpg2020_4_2as.jpg Iv'e used two of the officers on an other dio, and only some of the tankers will be suitable.
Should make for an interesting mix.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
True that, but there are better fake Tiger I's out there, like the one used in Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers...ok, based on a T-55 or 62 it's still ugly, but much better. This one looks a bit like Belgium's minister of social affairs and national health Maggie De Block (google her :tongue-out3: ). I remember the Russians even built a good copy of a Tiger I couple of years ago for a film, but can't remember what it was called.

Cheers
I look fwd to seeing this more knowing it is wrong, be interesting to see If I notice anything amiss. Now off to look at your minister.
Arg ! and she's a Doctor as well , heaven help you all if shes runs a keep fit progrograme :flushed:

D

Deleted member 7237

Broadsword calling Danny boy..... Broadsword calling Danny boy "oops" broadsword calling Christine update on "The Bench" use frequency 10 at 2100 hours.... Over and out.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
True that, but there are better fake Tiger I's out there, like the one used in Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers...ok, based on a T-55 or 62 it's still ugly, but much better.
T-55, IIRC. There’s also the the Kelly’s Heroes ones, which were T-34-based but looked quite convincing. Even cooler with those, though, is that someone built a diorama that featured in some 1980s Tamiya catalogue based on the movie, with a “Tiger” made in the same way.

Maggie De Block (google her :tongue-out3: ).
No, thanks :smiling3:

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
T-55, IIRC. There’s also the the Kelly’s Heroes ones, which were T-34-based but looked quite convincing. Even cooler with those, though, is that someone built a diorama that featured in some 1980s Tamiya catalogue based on the movie, with a “Tiger” made in the same way.
Warlord games do a Kellys Heros set with Oddballs Sherman and that Tiger available in 1/56.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
... and hes off! A nice looking kit sir. Looks like it is going to together well. Look forward to seeing your next update.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Broadsword calling Danny boy..... Broadsword calling Danny boy "oops" broadsword calling Christine update on "The Bench" use frequency 10 at 2100 hours.... Over and out.
Sorry Christine didn't reply Broadsword she went to bed just before then.
Bench is still tidy though !

... and hes off! A nice looking kit sir. Looks like it is going to together well. Look forward to seeing your next update.
Hi mate , thanks, unfortunately a very small light section went flying into the air, never to be seen again. After crawling around for sometime I gave up It's only about 2mm in size, too small for me to scratch. Had a go at some PE earlier, of course would have to be formed over some cover, I part is half on !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all.
Not a bad day at the bench, slow with the parts being very small and quite a few in a subassembly. Did spend some time watching part of the "White Tiger " film that Peter Day mentioned, thanks Peter I'm really enjoying it.
Agree with Wouter and Jakko not a very convincing Tiger .:smiling2:
Working still on the chassis on the axle part.
IMG_20200712_114219827_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200712_114124291_HDR.jpg
The above is the upper ssection. Very little cleaning apart from the cut off points.
IMG_20200712_114145688_HDR.jpg

The above curved parts would have been better glued in after the part with the two holes in it. Might add some more glue and try to move them down when the whole assembly is built .

C&C Welcome, thanks for looking in .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's a nice looking sub section there mate. A nicely detailed kit. Keep up the the good work and don't strain your eyes too much

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a nice looking sub section there mate. A nicely detailed kit. Keep up the the good work and don't strain your eyes too much
Thanks Steve, trying not to, so working in short lengths.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some very small parts again today, all part of the axle assemblies.

2020_2.jpg
Ok not that small for many of you, but that fork and the pins had mating points, with some good lighting the optivisor and a lot of luck two of them fitted. (Yes I did clean off the attachment point )

2020_6.jpg

Very pleasing when those bars fitted, again there are two more of those small connectors to be fitted tomorrow.

2020_9.jpg
With such a small assy I'm having to attach one or two parts and leave until the glue sets. Although time consuming it's rewarding to do something this complex. ( Well it is to me :smiling3: )

C&C Welcome, and thanks for looking in.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Great start. Guns always seem to have very small, fiddly parts. Looks to have some nice detail. I'm sure you're right in taking it steady and letting each stage dry.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Lovely neat work mate, taking your time is really paying off.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
looking good... :smiling: :smiling:
Thanks Greg.

Blimey - micro surgery John. Well done.
It is indeed Peter.

this is looking the dog's doodahs ,John!
Cheers Neil.

Hi John
Great start. Guns always seem to have very small, fiddly parts. Looks to have some nice detail. I'm sure you're right in taking it steady and letting each stage dry.
Jim
Hi Jim. Having something else to do as the glue dries is a must. Greenhouse, then bench , and so on .
John,
Lovely neat work mate, taking your time is really paying off.
Thanks Paul.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well done Dzohn. Some real engineering here in an effort to save weight & deploy time, but does complicate things. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done Dzohn. Some real engineering here in an effort to save weight & deploy time, but does complicate things. PaulE
Thanks, think only the Germans could come up with something as complex Paul.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Have to agree. MB would never put 4 fasteners where 8 would do. Porsches & Audis were much more normal. PaulE