1/35 Hobbyboss BA10 Russian Armoured Car Mr T Memorial Build.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I have a lump hammer you can lend. Does make you wonder who test built it

Like the Takom kits as well, very annoying and frustrating!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I have a lump hammer you can lend. Does make you wonder who test built it

Like the Takom kits as well, very annoying and frustrating!!
Bob I don't think anyone has built this in the design section, either that or they all have a very large crystal ball !

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice choice John, always loved the look of this turreted soviet truck ever since I saw it in a rts game being the best a/c against the Germans until the Puma:smiling4:
Too bad the Iill fitting parts took the joy out of it for you, good thing the front isn't needed for the planned dio:thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
Don’t be too hard on yourself with the build mate.....sometimes these things can be testing for those us us with 20/20 vision!
I’m still amazed at what you do consistently achieve despite your visual disadvantage and I’m sure it’ll all come good in the final furlong.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Sawing bits off it may be the best thing with the trouble it's causing! Be interesting to see what you do once the front end is sawn off, I'm sure it'll be good. :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Evening John,
Don’t be too hard on yourself with the build mate.....sometimes these things can be testing for those us us with 20/20 vision!
I’m still amazed at what you do consistently achieve despite your visual disadvantage and I’m sure it’ll all come good in the final furlong.
Well said that man!

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John as you know I was going to build this but you beat me to the drop hence I went with the AT-1 and you know how that went ,thoes awfull tracks bent and twisted parts not good ,now strange you say about the plastic not liking the glue ,the sandy coloured plastic of your kit is pretty much hobbyboss standard the AT-1 was green wich I thought unusual for hobbyboss the track plastic was brown par for the course I suppose but neither liked glue ,I've been using mr hobbyS over tet recently not for any real reason but had noticed it was more aggressive than tet but even this struggled to bond parts so I don't think your alone on this I feel your pain . Don't let it beat you hang in there im sure it will all come good. Dave.
PS many moons ago I built the zvesda kit seem to recall it wasn't that bad had I known you were going to butcher what your doing I would have recommended it saving yourself a few . (Squids).

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice choice John, always loved the look of this turreted soviet truck ever since I saw it in a rts game being the best a/c against the Germans until the Puma:smiling4:
Too bad the Iill fitting parts took the joy out of it for you, good thing the front isn't needed for the planned dio:thumb2:
Thanks Fernando I was hoping after the success with the 88 I would be able to manage this. It was always going to be half submerged If it had been any worse it would have been completely !

Evening John,
Thanks Si, just don't like to be beaten , and as Christine said it has to be enjoyable or it's just not worth it. Once I get the dio under way it will come together .
Sawing bits off it may be the best thing with the trouble it's causing! Be interesting to see what you do once the front end is sawn off, I'm sure it'll be good. :thumb2:
Graeme thank you .Hopefully so.
If it wasn't in the ice and snow I'd have set it on fire ! Going to have to be gentle with the saw when I remove the front .

John as you know I was going to build this but you beat me to the drop hence I went with the AT-1 and you know how that went ,thoes awfull tracks bent and twisted parts not good ,now strange you say about the plastic not liking the glue ,the sandy coloured plastic of your kit is pretty much hobbyboss standard the AT-1 was green wich I thought unusual for hobbyboss the track plastic was brown par for the course I suppose but neither liked glue ,I've been using mr hobbyS over tet recently not for any real reason but had noticed it was more aggressive than tet but even this struggled to bond parts so I don't think your alone on this I feel your pain . Don't let it beat you hang in there im sure it will all come good. Dave.
PS many moons ago I built the zvesda kit seem to recall it wasn't that bad had I known you were going to butcher what your doing I would have recommended it saving yourself a few . (Squids).

David it's reassuring to read your remarks on that plastic, I was getting to think there was some wrong with my bottle of Tamiya. Neither of us have had much luck with our choices on this . As to the kits I'd bought all 3 the BT 3, 6 and this . The BT 6 I ended up doing as a wreak, can't remember what am did with the 3 .
Don't think I would ever buy a Hobby Boss kit again, even though they are part of Trumpeter.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mods thank you for moving it to the correct page.:thumb2:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Papa John.
Sorry to hear of your tales of woe with this beasty.I was tempted to buy a b20 armoured car after seeing a Dragon one built up on an old Military modelling a few years ago.Im sure you can beat this one into submission!!!.
PLenty of Vodka and Bortsch Tovaritch.
Rich

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Papa John.
Sorry to hear of your tales of woe with this beasty.I was tempted to buy a b20 armoured car after seeing a Dragon one built up on an old Military modelling a few years ago.Im sure you can beat this one into submission!!!.
PLenty of Vodka and Bortsch Tovaritch.
Rich
Sorry Richard, not ignoring you. Just didn't see the post :disappointed: