1/35 ICM Studebaker US6.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
Joined
Apr 12, 2019
Messages
1,277
Points
113
First Name
Andy
Not been doing much of late as my attic workspace has been rather chilly over the last few weeks, but I have been building this in-between bouts of angst with that ball ache skid steer loader kit.

Sprues.


Driver figures, clear parts and cab roof which is not mounted on a sprue, just loose in the box.

Instructions, colour call outs and a nice picture of a dog.

After checking all the parts I do not think/hope I will need the after sales service as everything seems to be good, great detail and no flash as far as I can see.

Andy.
 

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
Joined
Apr 27, 2018
Messages
4,194
Points
113
Location
South Gloucestershire
First Name
David
Andy,
the ICM softskins all seem to be very nice models - I've made quite a few, and all have turned out well. They're fiddly, in that there are very small fragile parts & the flatpack chassis needs careful assembly to keep square. Not a shake & bake, but enough to keep you interested, not frustrated!
Dave
ps their replacement service is pretty good, as well - not the speediest, but hey, it's free!
 

outrunner

SMF Supporter
Joined
Apr 12, 2019
Messages
1,277
Points
113
First Name
Andy
Been working away quietly with this and it is all going together well, only annoying thing is that there are no part numbers on the sprues which means you have to keep referring to the sprue map on the instructions. One nice touch is that all the axles and prop shafts are moulded as one which removes the chance of getting the alignment wrong.
Axles straight off the sprue with other bits to add.

Chassis and transmission ready to join up.

Load bed ready for primer.

I put a bit of paint on the engine in case I decide to have the bonnet able to open.


Sorry about the large picture sizes, must have made a mistake when re-sizing them.

Andy.
 
Last edited:

outrunner

SMF Supporter
Joined
Apr 12, 2019
Messages
1,277
Points
113
First Name
Andy
Almost there with this now, just need to fit the engine/exhaust/decals before sticking it together.


After taking this picture I did the decals and started to remove the masks on the windows which resulted in me breaking one of the mirror stalks which took of into infinity (and beyond) so now I will have to make up and paint a new one which should not take long, says he. :smiling5: Next pics will be in the completed section.

Andy.
 
Top