1/35 kerbs ??

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Gents,
what do you use to create paving slab / pavement kerbs ?, is there a cheap mould I can purchase ? or do you have your own way of creating them...( I need around half a dozen for the Merkava dio I'm working on)

TIA

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
There are these Chris..
…but I’ve never used them so can’t say how good they are.
If it was me I’d probably make my own. The slabs themselves are easy, just score and snap them to size from plastic card. The kerb stones are a little harder, due to the tapered cross sectional area. However, again I’d probably fettle them up from plastic strip then cut them to length and lay them individually. Simple jigs will help with consistency.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Gents,
what do you use to create paving slab / pavement kerbs ?, is there a cheap mould I can purchase ? or do you have your own way of creating them...( I need around half a dozen for the Merkava dio I'm working on)

TIA
Chris

Have a look at Night Shift's YouTube channel.

His last but one build is a Jagdpanther next to a building. There is a road on the front of the Dio and he devotes a whole video to the road including obviously the kerb. I think he used foam.

It was about 5-6 weeks ago.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I use AK carving foam - easy to use, utterly versatile and inexpensive. Comes in A4 and A5 (and different thicknesses) - plus it's available from John!
Steve

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I use polystyrene meat trays from supermarkets. They come in blue, white or black and they work just like blue foam.

Cheers,
Richard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
......from back in the day when he used pizza bases - not this posh foam board he uses now.

Oi, Squirt.
I still use food stuff polystyrene. But I find foam board is a little better for sharper, more detailed work.

Amran Chissul

Last edited: