Rick
Looks the Bomb JR......the "Ivan" with the PPSH is my fav. Rick H. :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice work John. Good to see the wash is working well for you….
Thanks Tim, it's the best way for me, the shadow on the face picked up by the wash gives some definition.
John,
Coming on very nicely mate.
Thanks Paul.
Hi John
Nowt wrong with those figures. Trees look good although a lot of work spread over days.
Jim
They certainly take time Jim, from the sanding of the trunk ,the wiring , then the latex followed by painting and then the foliage, think in that time I could build the model !
Coming on nicely John. The trees got off to a nice start.

How did you find painting the winter uniform? Must be hard painting something so completely monotone.

ATB

Andrew
Hi Andrew, tiresome to say the least. Although I used a white primer to get some depth it has taken 2 full coats to get anywhere. Think I forget that they would be pretty dirty and there will be some snow . Hopefully some shading will do the trick.Thought about using off white for the folds

Looks the Bomb JR......the "Ivan" with the PPSH is my fav. Rick H. :thumb2:
Greeting to the member from the colonies . Yes love those weapons Rick , have another two to fit straps on and give to the guys.:thumb2:

Progressing nicely :thumb2:
Hi Mark, thanks for joining in .

Today should see some more foliage going on. Hopefully trying different glue will find one that is suitable. Might use some UHU , that certainly has some instant grab.Time will tell .
Dzhon .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John
I see you are looking to use an off white for the folds on the white fabric. You may be interested to know that Vallejo actually do a wash for that as well. It’s a light grey rather than an off white…
06CF0D0A-C383-482D-8342-2828A9052F65.jpeg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
I see you are looking to use an off white for the folds on the white fabric. You may be interested to know that Vallejo actually do a wash for that as well. It’s a light grey rather than an off white…
View attachment 433135
Thanks for that Tim, worth knowing . :thumb2:

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Just seen this appear. Love the finish you've achieved on the tank sir. Very nice indeed.
Re your trees, - they do look good. Just an observation, but you've got a few branches pointed down, which looks odd. Most branches tend to reach up. I offer this as helpful critique.
If there is a late ticket available from Mrs R management, I'll grab a seat at the back ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just seen this appear. Love the finish you've achieved on the tank sir. Very nice indeed.
Re your trees, - they do look good. Just an observation, but you've got a few branches pointed down, which looks odd. Most branches tend to reach up. I offer this as helpful critique.
If there is a late ticket available from Mrs R management, I'll grab a seat at the back ;)
Hi Dale,
Think the branches might look that way,from that photo.
I'll have a check later and take some more photos as all three trees are now done.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening plastic lovers.

Here at Race Towers much has been achieved today.
As suggested by one of our friends from the colonies Rick, I have sprayed a matt varnish very thin at a low air pressure with out blowing all the rust away. Cheers Buddt worked a trat.

Then taking another suggestion by Tim about doing shading on the winter uniforms. I haven't any Vallejo Games Grey Wash, but have some normal grey wash from Vallejo, seems to have worked.

Tress have been finished Dale ( Your Ticket is in the post, 1st class ) mentioned branches that pointed down I've reset as best as can be done.The wire is very thin and even with the Jarvis material it tend to weight then down. But pleased with the look when using none real vegetation.

This is now ready for the snow, going to do under the trees as at the back first, removing the KV first. Then adding the figures and the KV and applying an overall snow fall.

2021.jpg

2021_2.jpg

2021_3.jpg

2021_4.jpg

2021_5.jpg2021_5.jpg

Aerial, kindly donated by Fudge. ( not cat was harmed during this )

2021_6.jpg

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome , and any thing else

Last edited:

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Evening plastic lovers.

Here at Race Towers much has been achieved today.
As suggested by one of our friends from the colonies Rick, I have sprayed a matt varnish very thin at a low air pressure with out blowing all the rust away. Cheers Buddt worked a trat.

Then taking another suggestion by Tim about doing shading on the winter uniforms. I haven't any Vallejo Games Grey Wash, but have some normal grey wash from Vallejo, seems to have worked.

Tress have been finished Dale ( Your Ticket is in the post, 1st class ) mentioned branches that pointed down I've reset as best as can be done.The wire is very thin and even with the Jarvis material it tend to weight then down. But pleased with the look when using none real vegetation.

This is now ready for the snow, going to do under the trees as at the back first, removing the KV first. Then adding the figures and the KV and applying an overall snow fall.

View attachment 433280

View attachment 433281

View attachment 433282

View attachment 433283

View attachment 433284View attachment 433284

Aerial, kindly donated by Fudge. ( not cat was harmed during this )

View attachment 433285

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome , and any thing else
Looking good John. Great work :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That gray wash did the trick.......really nice effect there JR. Goes a long way in ridding those camo suits of their very washed out look. Tip 'O the Hat To Tim and the little tidbit is already filed away for future use in 1-87 scale.
Rick H. :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
looking good :thumb2:
Thanks Mark . Appreciated.
Looking good John. Great work :smiling3:
Cheers Dale.:thumb2:

That gray wash did the trick.......really nice effect there JR. Goes a long way in ridding those camo suits of their very washed out look. Tip 'O the Hat To Tim and the little tidbit is already filed away for future use in 1-87 scale.
Rick H. :thumb2:
Glad you think so Rick, seems odd trying to get the right amount of grey on , too much and it just looks wrong. Didn't want to loose the rust dust when sealing it, your suggestion using low pressure, and thin varnish worked, a little blew off , but enough stayed on . The trick with that if using powders is to allow for some loss when putting on the varnish, so over doing it in the first place. The other point is the amount of varnish vs thinners. Just enough at 50 50 mix and a pressure just high enough to to atomise. Several trail sweeps with the AB are a must !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now to be seen in the completed Diorama section.:nerd: