1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You cant beat a nice fresh coat of paint. All heading in the right direction my friend

• Love
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Coming on well John.
Just out of interest, and it’s not something I’ve ever thought of looking up, but was the turret a design repurposed from soviet ships? It does look like it could be used as a secondary battery gun from a large ship?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, I take it your nozzle is the same as the bottom one in the picture below which is out of my Bartsharp AB, the top one is from my Iwata HP CS, much easier to handle.
View attachment 419860
Best take great care when cleaning it, I dropped the small one and it took about 15 minutes of combing the carpet to find it.

Andy.
Hi Andy, yes as I said it looks like the bottom one. I gave up the search in the end and ordered 2 replacements and another needle. They have arrived this morning. I should have done what I said put the nozzle back in while over a box lid , this will be done in future ! Couldn't get much smaller can they !

sorry John very late into this one,some very nice work hear,do like the detail kit,always mace a big differences ;) to a build,
Hi Moni, the extra PE is ok to a point, but much of it is for the likes of Mike ,aka It's it me .Other are I feel offered just to make up the pe fret . It's progressing well now with the new ab .

Must admit that I'm like you John, don't mind mice outside, but they can't come indoors - we've a vole who lives near the house, it doesn't get bothered, and will often have a look at what we're doing if we're on the patio (it's given my wife and my son a surprise, just popping out to have a look!)
Gerry that's good to know, Rats on the other hand are a complete no no , we've seen them rarely, only when people near are having extensions where drain works are involved.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John.

A very nice green!! And without starting a "what's the correct colour debate", it didn't look that far off a late war British SCC15 simple Vallejo mix I came across.

ATB.

Andrew

Ps sorry to hear about the nozzle woes.
Thanks Andrew, nozzle woes seem to be common with me !

Instead of using a separate black to do a pre shade I mixed the two. Unfortunately I was a bit over zealous in the black amount . :smiling3:. So if you ever need that shade again you know what to use !

That's coming along nicely JR........is that the "Spring" or "Summer" shade of 4BO......I have a difficult time telling them apart:thinking::nerd: :tongue-out3: Rick H.
Thank you very much Rick !! it was a little number I just ran up !:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::nerd:
Hoover with an old pair of tights over the nozzle might find it
Christine has done that in the past, normally it's the best way,but this time it's gone, personally I think that damned mouse has something to do with it disappearing !

You cant beat a nice fresh coat of paint. All heading in the right direction my friend
Thanks Steve, now have to try a replicate the finish you managed on the T34, having it to hand will be a great help :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.

John,
Coming on nicely matey.
Thanks for the support Paul .

Coming on well John.
Just out of interest, and it’s not something I’ve ever thought of looking up, but was the turret a design repurposed from soviet ships? It does look like it could be used as a secondary battery gun from a large ship?
Tim the first design had the use of a navel gun, so no doubt the turret had been designed around that . Due to the shortage of that barrel the 152 mm one was used .
Only designed really for use against Finish Bunkers, with it's heavy armour it was unbeatable against any weapon , but slow and unstable on any ground other than flat.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry that's good to know, Rats on the other hand are a complete no no , we've seen them rarely, only when people near are having extensions where drain works are involved.
Rats (if seen) around here don't last very long until they get a little 'present' or two - a 'Glaswegan Kiss' from 7 to 8.44 grains of lead (travelling at around 790 feet per second) - though since our last neighbours moved out taking their chickens with them, not seen so many.

• Love

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Haven't heard "Glaswegan Kiss" in years:smiling4::smiling3::smiling:. My eyes water just thinking about it. PaulE

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm sure they don't. You ever been whacked in the nose by a forehead, fist or boot, you won't soon forget it. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right some progress has been made.

Fitted the track guards, notice the front idler wheels are too high ! Sure I fitted them as per instruction, but definitely wrong. They will havre to stay, had to damage the front of the fender as damaged from
ramming.

.2020.jpg

2020_2.jpg
Not to bothered by the ca marks, there will be plenty of debris on this area .

2020_4.jpg

Turret not fixed yet.
Found these parts, they are not marked as not required but can't find any reference for them on the instructions , any idea ? .

2020_5.jpg
Look like some sort of wheel nu, but only 8.

Thanks for looking in, comments always welcome.

Dzhon

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dzhon

Coming on nicely!! Can't help with the spare bits though.

ATB.

Andrew

Ps I really do like that green colour!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
They look like conical bolts for holding on armoured plate John. Have a good look at references and see if any are missing?
Nice job on the build so far, by the way.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I`d missed this until a while ago John!!:dizzy:
I COMPLETELY agree about losing bits to the so called"Carpet Monster"!!...... Many a time i`ve done just that,only to watch it fall into a certain spot..... "I`ll pick that up later",methinks,but NO!!...... When i decide to regather said piece...... IT`S GONE ?!!!:flushed::thinking:
.... and NEVER to be seen again......
...... until you`ve dropped a bit of your next build,and whilst looking...... you suddenly find THAT,old,elusive bit which is of no practical use anymore!!:loudly-crying:
......................... ANYHOW MATE,enough of that.....
Your build here is looking superb Sir,i love it:thumb2:shall not be so shabby in my looking in as this progresses:thumb2:,
Love to Christine,from myself,and of course,Rach:hungry:,
Andy

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Found these parts, they are not marked as not required but can't find any reference for them on the instructions , any idea ? .

Apparently they are bolt heads used for optional added armour plates sometimes fitted to the forward hull sides above the fenders but I cant find any reference for this??