1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Here we are,

2021.jpg2021_2.jpg2021_6.jpg2021_7.jpg2021_8.jpg2021_9.jpg

Been fun, and another later model still to build at some point.

Thanks for following, the banter and comments.
Hopefully see you on the next build starting later today.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
That is brilliant. I can feel the cold. All elements work together. Well done Mr Race.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I have swept up most of the snow in the cave :smiling3: .

Well done JR! Looks like you had a lot of fun with this build mate. Great to see

I did indeed Steve, each time you find new ways, some work some don't . Did enjoy the first try with Flory washes, have you used them ?

Great job John, as Jim said you can feel the cold, :thumb2:
Thanks Mark, time to take my coat off again.;)

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top Shelf work there John, love how convincing the snow is. The buildup on the tank's drivetrain and along the fenders' edges especially catches my eye. Brrrrrr !!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Glad you got to the finish line with this one JR......a real tribute to your modeling skills Sir. It's the Dog's from me as well! :thumb2: Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely job done John, I would clear the house if I had a barrel starring at me just inches away.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AS has been said John a very realistic dio an yes just lookin at your dio it gave me the shivers of cold brilliantly done you sir are a master in this dio makin
chris

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very, very well done John. I can but echo what everyone else has said.
John.

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just excellent John. Gives me the shivers though, both because of the cold and because of that huge barrel pointing at some poor unfortunate.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Top Shelf work there John, love how convincing the snow is. The buildup on the tank's drivetrain and along the fenders' edges especially catches my eye. Brrrrrr !!
Thanks Ron, the build up on the tracks and drivetrain was made using white silicon , the bathroom type sealant and mix of snow powder. Just mixed it in till it sort of looked right.

I bloody LOVE that , John!
Definitely a 'Dog's' from me.
Woohoo!
Thanks Neil. Very kind of you .:smiling2:

Glad you got to the finish line with this one JR......a real tribute to your modeling skills Sir. It's the Dog's from me as well! :thumb2: Rick H.

Cheers Rick. A Dog's as well , can't be bad .:thumb2:

Lovely job done John, I would clear the house if I had a barrel starring at me just inches away.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Very true Richard,young Ivan has just shouted out ," Make my Day "

AS has been said John a very realistic dio an yes just lookin at your dio it gave me the shivers of cold brilliantly done you sir are a master in this dio makin
chris

Many thanks Chris .

Cracking work John, like the rest have said you can really feel the cold.
Thanks Ian .

Looks great John. Excellent work siir. Kudos :smiling3:
Cheers Dale.
Very, very well done John. I can but echo what everyone else has said.
John.
Thanks John .
Just excellent John. Gives me the shivers though, both because of the cold and because of that huge barrel pointing at some poor unfortunate.
Cheers Tim, yes disturbed the peace by punching a bloody big hole in the wall .

Wow just outstanding.
Thanks Jim, nice of you to comment.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

So, I've finally managed to have a look on my laptop.....all I can say is that looks suitably cold!! Rather them than me!!

I love the whole composition, even though it's a static model the action poses of the figures bring it life and even the angle of the gun gives, the impression that something has just happened or is about to. A really top drawer effort and definitely worth the sites highest canine testicular award!! ;) Very well done indeed. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Two thoughts have just come to me on looking at it.......

Firstly, what did you use to create the snow? Was it home made or a special modelling variety?

Secondly, what on earth would Finnish troops have thought with that behemoth approaching that close and they find themselves looking down the business end of a 6" gun........:anguished::anguished:

Again, very well done.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It does look cold so its either the shivers of the point blankness of the gun or the cold that'll clear out the bunker. The supporting troops will be getting a chockfull of plaster and mortar from the blast. :smiling2: They better hit the dirt. So much action.

Cheers,
Richard.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

So, I've finally managed to have a look on my laptop.....all I can say is that looks suitably cold!! Rather them than me!!

I love the whole composition, even though it's a static model the action poses of the figures bring it life and even the angle of the gun gives, the impression that something has just happened or is about to. A really top drawer effort and definitely worth the sites highest canine testicular award!! ;) Very well done indeed. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Two thoughts have just come to me on looking at it.......

Firstly, what did you use to create the snow? Was it home made or a special modelling variety?

Secondly, what on earth would Finnish troops have thought with that behemoth approaching that close and they find themselves looking down the business end of a 6" gun........:anguished::anguished:

Again, very well done.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew. I always use Precision Ice & Snow, hair spray as the adhesive .This time to build up the snow on the drive train I mixed the snow powder with some white silicon sealant.
Yes imagine that beast lumbering up and firing at you, not a nice thought.
Top stuff Dzohn. Never had the guts to try snow. Well done.
Cheers Paul,think you should have a go, don't think you would have any problems with using it .
It does look cold so its either the shivers of the point blankness of the gun or the cold that'll clear out the bunker. The supporting troops will be getting a chockfull of plaster and mortar from the blast. :smiling2: They better hit the dirt. So much action.

Cheers,
Richard.
Quite right Richard, and most likely deaf from being that close,or dead from the blast !