1/35 Leclerc series 2

O

Ozzie_tank

Hi guys very new to models this is my second build first time trying a panel wash, considering trying to add a little weathering on top of the clear coat but not sure. I don't have putty yet so a couple tiny gaps I didn't want. Thanks for any advice 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
O

Ozzie_tank

Also I decided against the standard nato camouflage opting for the desert cam my first kit was a leopard 2 with nato camo wanted a different colour

J

John Rixon

If it's a factory fresh look you are after, that's looking good! However (you knew this was coming eh?) I'd be sorely tempted to dirty her up a bit, you know, dust, scuffs, even chips and a bit of general wear and tear would bring this build to life! I know how you'll be feeling, what with it being only your second build, I remember it well... But, if you want it to look real, then play around with it! If you use something like Flory's clay washes, you always have the option of washing it all off and starting afresh, which might make you more comfortable dirtying it up? Good build though!

O

Ozzie_tank

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I have been hesitant to dirty it up as I don't want to wreck it but might be time to pull the trigger and have a go I'll update this thread when I have a go