1/35 MARDER KNOCKED OUT MONUMENT.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
While I was working on the commission build and then faffing with the little sub wreck I have been working on this.

Lost the tracks but all there so, I decided to do it as a monument/prize that has been left to slowly rot away.

The odd coating of grey and black paint with crude camo added-I wanted that roughness in look that you see on these kind of things, also added some graffiti and of course, lots of rust.

I will get around to making a plinth for it that will be grassed etc.

Attachments

• IMG_9175.JPG
    IMG_9175.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9176.JPG
    IMG_9176.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9177.JPG
    IMG_9177.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9178.JPG
    IMG_9178.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9179.JPG
    IMG_9179.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9180.JPG
    IMG_9180.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 18

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
While I was working on the commission build and then faffing with the little sub wreck I have been working on this.

Lost the tracks but all there so, I decided to do it as a monument/prize that has been left to slowly rot away.

The odd coating of grey and black paint with crude camo added-I wanted that roughness in look that you see on these kind of things, also added some graffiti and of course, lots of rust.

I will get around to making a plinth for it that will be grassed etc.

Great idea Si, from what I can see it looks good but the pics are dark any chance you can get some lighter pics mate?

Lee

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Great idea Si, from what I can see it looks good but the pics are dark any chance you can get some lighter pics mate?

Lee

Yeah, they are a tad dark. Will get some better piccies.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yeah, they are a tad dark. Will get some better piccies.

Maybe they were dark because I was sat outside... they look better now I'm sat indoors, maybe lighten up the interior pics?!

Lee

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice work Si. Once you have it on a base with tufts of grass etc it’ll look even better:thumb2:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Maybe they were dark because I was sat outside... they look better now I'm sat indoors, maybe lighten up the interior pics?!

Lee

The interior is just black spray with some rust, not much to see. I have seen some pics that showed the interior of similar vehicles just plastered in black paint.
Glad that they look better piccies.

Nice work Si. Once you have it on a base with tufts of grass etc it’ll look even better:thumb2:

Ta Si, hopefully just the simple thing of a base will tie in the piece.