1/35 MB MODELS GERMAN WITH A BIKE.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
While waiting for the paint on the building to dry decided to start the next diorama including this German cyclist.
The idea is to build a shop front intact therefore no damage or smashed glass.This part will come later when I move the whole thing to diorama and vignettes.

2019.jpg
Some very strange distruction.

2019_5.jpg

I say strange because the drawings are not numbered well and being small doesn't help.
With more a do I set to, first thing to confront me was a very thin brake leaver that was supposed to wraparound the handle bar. This as you can imagine was a no no , sticking it alone was something I just couldn't handle so just left it off.
( I had a bike with no brakes when I was 15, so it can be ridden. )

Leaving brakes behind I started on those spokes, went far better than I could have hoped for.
From the drawing it looked like you glued then together before fitting into the tire, well not for me, decided to fit one set on the put on the second of the pair.Then turned one around until they looked about right !
Once the spokes were on I did the rest, had to use the plastic pedals as had no idea what the PE ones went like.
Glued on the rack along with some "crap on the back " but failed to find the support PE struts, so used some other PE that looked about right. Gave up on the front mud guard supports, too small for me.
The figure was ok, a few mould lines.

2019_6.jpg
The chain and front gear was in 2 parts, but they were so flimsy I just used one.

John.

Attachments

• 2019_2.jpg
    2019_2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2019_3.jpg
    2019_3.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 9
D

Deleted member 6559

Great work John on a very nice looking kit.

Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice one Captain John.Never seen this kit before.Good to see you doing some figures mate.
Richard.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Well done John - these things are very fiddly, but nice kits

I have a couple or three of their bicycle kits stashed (cheap from Creative again)

Have one started somewhere - found that with careful scraping the mudguards can be separated from the tires for a slightly better look but it was tricky to do

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Interesting idea John. Good luck with it!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work John on a very nice looking kit.
Thanks Peter, think the kit is good, that PE is extremely thin and looks perfect, but not for my sight :smiling2:
Nice one Captain John.Never seen this kit before.Good to see you doing some figures mate.
Richard.
Hi Richard, welcome to the " figures for the confused group." Getting into them but by bit, don't look for the eyes, I rely on Vallejo wash !
Well done John - these things are very fiddly, but nice kits

I have a couple or three of their bicycle kits stashed (cheap from Creative again)

Have one started somewhere - found that with careful scraping the mudguards can be separated from the tires for a slightly better look but it was tricky to do
Thanks Simon, it did take some time , fidley is quite correct !

Interesting idea John. Good luck with it!
Andrew, cheers :smiling:

Very good John must have been fiddley :thumb2:
chris
At times Chris I thought it was impossible, the chain part is so thin, even looking at it produced a twist !

Now the awkward bit is over, apart from getting some very fine cotton to appear as thin rope or some Tamyia tape made up as leather straps, I can get on with the building .
Thanks for looking in .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Superbly assembled... i can't wait to see it painted...

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superbly assembled... i can't wait to see it painted...
Cheer Greg, normally I leave the kit off, but I wanted to get on, will be fun !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

My first look was look was in a bit of a rush. Now I have had a proper look.....oh my. Those spokes!!!!!?!

Very well done indeed!

Andrew

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Nice work John... I made this very kit a couple of years back... the brake lever was " fun" like you say!
Jason.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

My first look was look was in a bit of a rush. Now I have had a proper look.....oh my. Those spokes!!!!!?!

Very well done indeed!

Andrew
Andrew, cheers , once you had the first part of the pair on it was just a matter of linning the second one up to give the right spacings for the spoke pattern. Had to keep checking the box art !
Nice work John... I made this very kit a couple of years back... the brake lever was " fun" like you say!
Jason.
Hi Jason, I bet you managed to fit it as well, mine is currently in the spares box for PE and will stay there. Having had about 7 attempts to fit it I gave up :crying:.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
That bicycle is a thing of beauty. Very fiddly.
Jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Yep! thats the one. still looking for it lol.
Great effort John considering you have a permanent war with etch.
Mike.

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The bike brings back memories of the one I did for the Quad. Your a brave man to take on the build as they are not easy to put together. With the figure it really does look the part. You must be very pleased with the way it has turned out.Good luck with the wet stuff mate