1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
that is one good looking door,John ,looking like somethink else wit a little change to it,
Thanks Moni.:thumb2:

Door looking good John.
Cheers Tim.

Hi Si thanks, trust you are all well at Benson Villas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More later as its nearly time for F1, been cutting joists and ceilings out, will post later.

Dzhon

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right back.

Spent the morning cutting out some card for the ceilings.

This had to fit inside of course so made up a tape covered jig on the cutting mat.

2021.jpg

2021_5.jpg

This it it dropped into the building .

2021_2.jpg

The building itself on the base.
Still have to remove the front paper, but want to do all the internal marking and setting out before this is done.

2021_6.jpg

Having marked where the joists are I then cut the card as the ceiling would have been fine strips of timber then plastered.The area where the damage will be has been sliced as shown.

With the joists on I gave the timbers a slight greyish/ light wood wash. Normally when you take up floor boards there is little change in the joist colour, as there has been no light on them.

The ceiling under the joists its self however would have had a thick layer of dust, cob webs etc.

2021_7.jpg2021_8.jpg

Under sides of floor boards have been given a light wash.

2021_10.jpg

Some here have been flipped over showing the Nos. The boards will be glued down tomorrow, cutting some to the joist widths as required.
Then the upper surface given a light sanding then a wash of colour.

Thanks for looking in and following.
Comments by all means.

Dzhon.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great work 453.

Brought back awful memories of removing the old 'Lath and Plaster' ceilings. Being the apprentice, I was given the job of removing the stuff prior to it being replaced with plaster board sheets ready for skimming. No goggles, mask, nothing!

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Evening John. Sadly I have been FORUM MIA for a while but it's nice to return to your shenanigans.
Love the tractor build, love the way the diorama is going.
Lovely.

:thumb2:

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

I don't have the picture of a certain canine related award you give to other people but consider it awarded to yourself!

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work 453.

Brought back awful memories of removing the old 'Lath and Plaster' ceilings. Being the apprentice, I was given the job of removing the stuff prior to it being replaced with plaster board sheets ready for skimming. No goggles, mask, nothing!
Ron

We still have lath and plaster ceilings in the upper floor ceiling of our house and indeed on two internal upstairs walls. As long as there's not a need to touch them, they will remain in place for the very reason you state.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work 453.

Ah the days before H&S 570. Dust and crap down your neck, in your hair. A full change of clothing every day .
453 .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John. Sadly I have been FORUM MIA for a while but it's nice to return to your shenanigans.
Love the tractor build, love the way the diorama is going.
Lovely.

:thumb2:
Thanks Dan , you missed all the tears and swearing , now on to the enjoyable part.:nerd:

John

I don't have the picture of a certain canine related award you give to other people but consider it awarded to yourself!

ATB.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew, unfortunately the committee will not award members of the Towers direct , but I shall run that part them.

Leave it well alone, as you rightly say.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening on another hot day.
Managed to get the flooring on,still needs a stain / wash but I've dropped them into place to give an idea.
Also sprayed the tractor, and all the not yet fitted parts, door, windscreen windows.
IMG_20210719_192120045.jpgIMG_20210719_192128705.jpg

Will be sanding all the faces so any marks like you can see will go.The seats will get painted, with as much of the internals as poss.

IMG_20210719_192224403_HDR.jpg
Came out well, the engine needs a little tidying up, and I want to fit the bonnet after I've got those windows in.

Just to show the overall look .
IMG_20210719_192332979.jpg
Have some more Balsa and Basswood on order, the Balsa to do the roof joists.
Pity it's then going to be burnt out along with the tractor load bed !
Thanks for following, comments welcome.
Dzhon

Attachments

• IMG_20210719_192243612.jpg
    IMG_20210719_192243612.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 4

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Tractor is looking good. Building is coming on well. I really like the ceiling - that looks very realistic.
Jim

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Tractor is looking good. Building is coming on well. I really like the ceiling - that looks very realistic.
Jim
Many thanks Jim.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Superb update mate. Great base work on the building. Tractor is looking th bee's knees. I dont know if you have noticed but you might have an issue with the tracks? ;) :cool: :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superb update mate. Great base work on the building. Tractor is looking th bee's knees. I dont know if you have noticed but you might have an issue with the tracks? ;) :cool: :thumb2:

Dear Mr Jones, thank you for your comments however please note in my very delicate state the mere mention of ******* tracks can send me into a complete meltdown. Matron has given me some very strong meds, I now feel I am in need of them.
Rather like 3 part camo, or should I say Roden Artillery Tractor, I know how much you enjoyed building this :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::nerd:

1626797302312.png

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow.....no love here.....I'm wondering if perhaps you should both swear off tracked vehicles for awhile just to regain your civilities! :thinking: :thumb2:....I do know that JR has the perfect remedy for this dilemma.....Pyrotechnics....Matron suggested I use this term instead of (fire) the other as it is rather inflammatory and tends to get JR more than a little excited....I'm sure there will be much Glee when the time comes to ignite said diorama and watch it "burn"........

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
I have just had a catch up, I hadn't realised it had been so long since I looked in. The building is looking excellent the details of the flooring are top notch. The plans are so precise I normally hold a guy up and cut the door a bit taller lol. Bring on the burn.