1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi John, the building looks very used, cracking work.

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great stuff buddy ,all that squeezed in between bouts of gardening? You sure its not the other way around. Dave

• Haha

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Wow @John Race !! There are certainly very few on a par with your building skills!

• Love

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow - Brilliant !!
Thanks Nick.

Spectacular is the word that comes to mind, well done John.

Andy.

Thanks Andy :thumb2:
John,

That is stunning. Even in close up it has defeated the dreaded digital zoom that sees every imperfection and looks so realistic.

Very, very well done.

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew , its the lighting :smiling2:

Superb work John. We have come to expect no less from you. A true master, sir.
John.
Too kind but thank you very much John.

Hi John
The others have said it all. Superb. You have a great talent for making buildings look realistic - the weathering is the best :thumb2:
Jim

Thanks Jim a long way from those early days of 2015 where I used nothing but coffee stirrers
Hi John, the building looks very used, cracking work.
Hi Graeme thank you.

Great stuff buddy ,all that squeezed in between bouts of gardening? You sure its not the other way around. Dave

About the same time I should think Dave.;)
Wow @John Race !! There are certainly very few on a par with your building skills!

Jack that's very kind of you to say,:thumb2: but you forgot to say the same amount of none skill with plastic tracks :smiling2:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the kind comments , certainly lifts the mojo.

Here is the last few days work, most of the roof joists were done to day. Painting inside the building and joining it all together was yesterday.

2021_2.jpg

2021_3.jpg

2021_4.jpg

In work are the barge board and facia. Just being stained and now drying are the laths .

Some of the roof will have to be covered, more to the gable end, but the center is where there will be FIRE damage !

Thanks for looking in.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good evening John,

Very impressive building work, love those joists, very realistic.
The whole building and street look superb, top stuff sir :smiling4:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
At last FIRE!!!!!!!!

At last, a chance to learn from the master!!!

In case you're in need any assistance I've got some stores you could make use of.....

In terms of accelerants I've got IPA, white spirit and enamel thinners and even some highly flammable wood knot sealant!!!

in terms of ignition sources I've got matches, a lighter and one of those BBQ flame lighter thingies.

if you want a bit of a bang, I've got some of the 220g butane gas cannisters for standalone camping stoves and if you want to really a big bang, somewhere around 1/3 to a half of a gas BBQ canister that came with 7kg of gas!!!

in all seriousness though John, that building really is looking very good indeed. It really does look so very realistic. It might even be the best I've personally seen you do. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

keep up the great work.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love watching this come together, again! Nice work :thumb2:
Thanks Mark.

Good evening John,

Very impressive building work, love those joists, very realistic.
The whole building and street look superb, top stuff sir :smiling4:
Thank Si, hope all went well for Rochelle last Monday.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
[/QUOTE]

Yes all was good, all staples extracted successfully :smiling4:
I’d send a pic but it would put you off you dinner:flushed:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant. Bring on the flame ☺
Jim
Not too long Jim:smiling3: Thanks for the comment.

World-class craftsmanship there John ! Absolutely love it !!
Very kind of you to say Ron. :thumb2:

At last FIRE!!!!!!!!

At last, a chance to learn from the master!!!

In case you're in need any assistance I've got some stores you could make use of.....

In terms of accelerants I've got IPA, white spirit and enamel thinners and even some highly flammable wood knot sealant!!!

in terms of ignition sources I've got matches, a lighter and one of those BBQ flame lighter thingies.

if you want a bit of a bang, I've got some of the 220g butane gas cannisters for standalone camping stoves and if you want to really a big bang, somewhere around 1/3 to a half of a gas BBQ canister that came with 7kg of gas!!!

in all seriousness though John, that building really is looking very good indeed. It really does look so very realistic. It might even be the best I've personally seen you do. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

keep up the great work.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew, I'm very please with roof , spent some time working it out. Think I shall use very little accelerant as need to keep the fire in two places and not everywhere. Thanks for the offer :nerd:.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This afternoon I spent some time on the roof again, I'g stained the timbers and facia the night before, so now fully dry they would adhere.

2021_10.jpg
Barge board, will need to fade this out slightly.

2021_9.jpg

You can just see the soffit board under the front and the white line of the facia. That will be painted tomorrow after I return from my gardening job, with a wash.

The start of the laths, glad I made a few extra as the distancing was just down by eye and a lot more were needed.

2021_13.jpg

2021_14.jpg

Roof timbers completed, just need to apply the top .Still unsure of what roofing material to use, might well had to be corrugated , oh and I need to do the guttering. Plenty of time for Rick to get back:smiling3:

Thank for looking in.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Yes all was good, all staples extracted successfully :smiling4:
I’d send a pic but it would put you off you dinner:flushed:
[/QUOTE]
Please that it went ok Si, give her our love.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Good is coming on beautifully. A real work of art. Almost seems a shame to set it on fire.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

Good is coming on beautifully. A real work of art. Almost seems a shame to set it on fire.

ATB.

Andrew
Christine said the same Andrew, but most of the roof will be intact, just the central area will have burnt timbers, along with the load bed. So nearly 90%will be visible and undamaged.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
John,
Love the building and its construction.
But why oh why do you have to go out and panic buy all that Flora pro active....
Hippity hop outa here....
Mike.

• Haha

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Might be slate. Cut up heavy foil should work.:smiling:Be like your favorite tracks.:smiling2:

• Wow