1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, you never cease to amaze me......Purdy brushes? Do they actually sell them in the UK? Not only are they US mfg. But in Portland Oregon about 50 miles from where I grew up. My Father, being in the trades, swore by them. Never at them! When I bought my first home in 1977 I purchased Purdy brushes for all my painting needs. Still use them today. I have owned 5 houses over the years plus I did house painting during a 2 year furlough from United Airlines. So they didn't exactly hang on the garage wall.
Can't seem to wear them out.....guess I'll pass em on to the kids when I no longer need them. Cheers, Rick H.
They do indeed Rick, I came across them some years ago when dealing with a trade supplier in London. Never brought another make since. Since then the name had spread and most good paint and trade suppliers sell them. Mind a lot of brush manufactures now offer filament type bristles, and no loss, but not seen any reviews saying they were any better .

I like the packet that has the Velcro strip on to protect them when not in use, with the little label with the brush makers name on, that and the spiral Yankee type brush spinner to clean is a must.

1630244546151.pngAlong with a bush comb, rather like a cats comb with metal prongs.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Obi, ;) it's so diffucult to say which element of your latest build is most impressive to me ! Gotta say, for me the wood framework and the ripped roof is the star of this show ! Bravo, Sir Race !
Many thanks Ron, very kind of you.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Your a slacker McFly, you were always a slacker!!!................Sorry wrong movie.................

Come on Dude 2, Where's the pics???????............The Stamford Fire Dept. is already back at the station and have stood down for the evening. Ain't nothing on the telly about it either........................
Think Dan's right too................

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The nurse will be round with your meds soon!

Matron has given me a tasty drink of some concoction that she's made up.

Yippee!!! Can't wait to see the piccies.
Jim
Stand by Jim .

Oh the anticipation :smiling:
Mark hopefully it will be worth it.

If there's no pics, it didn't happen....

Oh yes it did :smiling2::smiling2::smiling3:.

Your a slacker McFly, you were always a slacker!!!................Sorry wrong movie.................

Come on Dude 2, Where's the pics???????............The Stamford Fire Dept. is already back at the station and have stood down for the evening. Ain't nothing on the telly about it either........................
Think Dan's right too................
Oh yeh of little faith !.
Yeah!........."Where's the Beef"!!
In the plate buddy
Right here we go
IMG_20210830_162400322.jpg

The first thing to do was tape some matches together. You need to have an instant flare with matches you will get a small explosion when they ignite.
Then cutting a opening in the rear I was able to stand them up.

IMG_20210830_162432971.jpg

IMG_20210830_162355207.jpg
An opening was cut to access each floor,the matches placed inside and lit .
You can see the center of the flame from the heads of the matches.IMG_20210830_162720425.jpg
This photo. Shows the match head just after the initial flare.
At this point a spray of water to extinguish the flames was needed .

I then went on the the tractor, here again a taped amount of matches were placed inside the rear , a small amount of PVC frame cleaner act as the accelerator, this really causes a very hot burn, as soon as it is alight the water spray is used again .IMG_20210830_163155805.jpgIMG_20210830_163221762.jpg
I'm now in the process of placing the tractor on the base and adding the rest of the debris before the final placing of figures.
Hope this was of interest, I'll post some full photos of the base with the tractor in place tomorrow .
Thanks for following and looking in .
DzhonIMG_20210830_162626832.jpg

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH WONDERFULL FIRE FIRE FIRE an jim says J/R still has his eyebrows wonderfull attempt at ARSON on a model an now needs new curtains oh wonder what SWMBO will say to that hope is home fire insurance is up to date lol
chris

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
View attachment 432640

..... and he still has his eyebrows and the curtains needed replacing anyway.
Hi Jim, the only thing damaged was the sheet under neath the tractor ! Management gave me a look, luckily only raised eyebrows.:flushed:

OH WONDERFULL FIRE FIRE FIRE an jim says J/R still has his eyebrows wonderfull attempt at ARSON on a model an now needs new curtains oh wonder what SWMBO will say to that hope is home fire insurance is up to date lol
chris
See above Chris .

Thank you Steve.

Great stuff John, were you a fire raiser in another life? :smiling5:

Andy.

No Andy, the trouble you do something a couple of times and the Rabble never let it go .:crying::smiling3:

Well there’s Mr Race, arson about as usual……looks really scary near plastic!

Right on all counts Tim, the back of the cab has suffered, and the plastic backed door to the building are a little bent.

Great SBS Dzohn.

Many thanks Paul.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The burn went quite well, I've glued the tractor down onto the base. Now I need to show smoke damage to the wall and the doors, a good black wash and maybe a soldering iron to burn the leading edge of the widow cills. Then the debris from the fire needs to be in a blown shape as you would expect from a direct hit to the load bed. Might take some time to arrange all this.
Will now post some photos of the base with the tractor in place.

Looking down inside the roof.

2021_7.jpg
2021_5.jpg

2021_3.jpg

Can see that track need gluing down , also the brass tarp supports need a coat of metal primer then painted black. The door , well one of them will have to be removed and re shaped.Still loads to do , but fun.

Dzhon.

Last edited: