1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Fantastic amount of work excellent stuff the tractor is certainly looking the part the tarp turned out very nice ,next up though is for everybody to help you chill out take some deep breaths and put the individual link tracks to bed once and for all. I'm not that much of a eco warrior in fact far from it but the amount of timber your getting through then your going to to burn it and pollute the atmosphere were going to have to get your head around the links else matron is never going to sign the paper work. Keep it coming buddy looking forward to the next installment. Dave

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I didn't mind the plaster dust & lath dirt as much as the horrible "rock wool" insulation behind it. Just getting near it would cause compulsive scratching of any exposed dermis. It seemed as though the itch was below the skin. Horrible stuff.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow.....no love here.....I'm wondering if perhaps you should both swear off tracked vehicles for awhile just to regain your civilities! :thinking: :thumb2:....I do know that JR has the perfect remedy for this dilemma.....Pyrotechnics....Matron suggested I use this term instead of (fire) the other as it is rather inflammatory and tends to get JR more than a little excited....I'm sure there will be much Glee when the time comes to ignite said diorama and watch it "burn"........

Rick its a good job were good mates. Of course its slowly building to the lighting of the match time, but much work to do. I find the only way to do a damaged building is to build it properly first. This is part of the modelling fun, getting it it right, then deciding how the damage would occur.

John,
I have just had a catch up, I hadn't realised it had been so long since I looked in. The building is looking excellent the details of the flooring are top notch. The plans are so precise I normally hold a guy up and cut the door a bit taller lol. Bring on the burn.

What ever works Paul, I do have a figure at hand to
Fantastic amount of work excellent stuff the tractor is certainly looking the part the tarp turned out very nice ,next up though is for everybody to help you chill out take some deep breaths and put the individual link tracks to bed once and for all. I'm not that much of a eco warrior in fact far from it but the amount of timber your getting through then your going to to burn it and pollute the atmosphere were going to have to get your head around the links else matron is never going to sign the paper work. Keep it coming buddy looking forward to the next installment. Dave

Whats the old saying about breaking eggs to make an omelette :smiling3: I do wonder at times when sending off for timbers that a lot of them will go up in flames. After having a long talk with Matron she has agreed that the in pursuit of the correctness some times allowances have to be made.:nerd:

I didn't mind the plaster dust & lath dirt as much as the horrible "rock wool" insulation behind it. Just getting near it would cause compulsive scratching of any exposed dermis. It seemed as though the itch was below the skin. Horrible stuff.

You what Paul even the thought of handling Rockwool insulation sheets makes me itch. I agree , great product but horrible to use.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The building is looking good & the door is rather good, as you would expect from a joiner!
I have had the fire extinguishers serviced......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The building is looking good & the door is rather good, as you would expect from a joiner!
I have had the fire extinguishers serviced......

Thank you Graeme,:thumb2:. Not a bad idea, its some time off yet, but always best to be :smiling3:ready .

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Sorry that I missed all of the action and especially all of the commentary on the tracks… I hope that your meds have kicked in and you’ve gotten over those @&#$@*@*#& tracks. All great looking work my friend…glad I had the chance to check back in on this one.. keep up the great work

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry that I missed all of the action and especially all of the commentary on the tracks… I hope that your meds have kicked in and you’ve gotten over those @&#$@*@*#& tracks. All great looking work my friend…glad I had the chance to check back in on this one.. keep up the great work

Good to see you Joe, hope you and the family are all ok.
Oh the track bit, just one of the normal parts for me I'm afraid. :smiling3: Thank for the comments.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi with the weather being so good I've spent most of the days out side in the garden, but found some time to do a little modelling.

Been tidying up the tractor, fixing a few bits on and trying to make the tracks look better with some paint.

2021_21.jpg2021_22.jpg2021_23.jpg

The drivers door fell off after attempting to glue it, so just left it as it is, some of the glue has managed to grab it so left it be.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.

Dzhon.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Coming on nicely, almost a shame to take a match to it but it'll look good in the dio you got planned .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Coming on nicely, almost a shame to take a match to it but it'll look good in the dio you got planned .
Hi Mark, thank you. Going to be careful with the burn, don't want any of the plastic to melt, just the wooden section, and only a part of it.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That tarp came out nice JR.......hate to see that go up in smoke. Rick H. :thumb2:
Hi Rick, yes I know, but if you remember the truck, that came out better when it was just the tattered remains !

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,sometimes some thing happens thats just meant to be and turns out so well, ;)

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking great John, best hurry up with the fire as there is heavy rain forecast. ;)

Andy.

• Sad

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just caught up on this….looking good John. The building is up to your usual high standard! Interesting talk about lath and plaster ceilings as well. I still have nightmares about pulling the downstairs ones in my old house in the late 1980s……really filthy job. I had plenty of kindling for about five years though LOL…..

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
looking good,sometimes some thing happens thats just meant to be and turns out so well, ;)
Yes Moni some times they just fall into place, thank you.

Looking great John, best hurry up with the fire as there is heavy rain forecast. ;)

Andy.
Wouldn't do today Andy, even had to pump some water out of the pond this afternoon, before we have fish on the patio to keep the level down. Rained nearly all day.:crying:

Just caught up on this….looking good John. The building is up to your usual high standard! Interesting talk about lath and plaster ceilings as well. I still have nightmares about pulling the downstairs ones in my old house in the late 1980s……really filthy job. I had plenty of kindling for about five years though LOL…..

Thanks Tim, oh lath and plaster was a nightmare to remove, then you spent hrs removing nails from the frames.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a day weather wise, rain and more rain. Spent a lot of time in the cave removing the face paper on the foam board and engraving . Yesterday I managed to sit in the sun and do the stone sets on the base and pavement.
2021_4.jpg

2021_5.jpg2021_6.jpg2021_3.jpg2021_2.jpg2021.jpg

Loads to do, applying the filler to the main surface and doing the cracks. Making the window frames, this time from the 0.8 timber .Then of course painting the base sets.

Had to order some more cheapish acrylic paints as well. Hopefully they will be here this coming week .

Stay dry.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome .

Dzhon .
Stalingrad Building Company.