1/35 SCALE Academy / Zvezda 13506 KV- 2 Tank

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Blooming marvellous Captain John.I remember building Tamiyas elderly Kvs aged 16 and they were out if production for years.All through the 80s we couldnt get them.Then E.D models got some in and i bought t.34s,Kv 1 and 2,Su.85 and 122.Modelling heaven back then with Verlindens books.
Excellent model dear boy.
Pip pip on onk.
Rich.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That finish in my opinion is just right. Will the star be a decal or stencil? Cheers Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A very nice rusty finish John. Very effective. What and how many rust colours did you use??

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Nothing wrong with the rust finish, just add a bit around the edge of the air cleaner, the engine with all the oil that they probably threw out has its own coat of insulation.
Cheers,
Mike.:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
I'm with Peter - not over done at all. If I was left out over a Russian winter I think I'd look a bit rough!! :confounded:
Gonna be another cracking dio.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I
A fantastic rusty finish John. Very convincing.
Cheers Peter.
Blooming marvellous Captain John.I remember building Tamiyas elderly Kvs aged 16 and they were out if production for years.All through the 80s we couldnt get them.Then E.D models got some in and i bought t.34s,Kv 1 and 2,Su.85 and 122.Modelling heaven back then with Verlindens books.
Excellent model dear boy.
Pip pip on onk.
Rich.
I bet it was Richard, thanks for dropping by, hope you are well .

That finish in my opinion is just right. Will the star be a decal or stencil? Cheers Rick H.
Good point Rick , Fernando and Allen got me a set of stencils , so would be the right time to have a go , thanks for reminding me :thumb2:

John,
very nice mate looking suitably derelict.
Thanks Paul.

A very nice rusty finish John. Very effective. What and how many rust colours did you use??
Hi Steve , after the varnish coat I used oils , they were Mig streaking rust 1204, W/N Burnt Sienna, W/N Yellow Ochre. and W/N Raw Umber , thinned with white spirit. Right or wrong I made a thin solution and let it pool . leaving it to dry, then adding a light mix to the edges.At times it do that dot thing you mentioned, again using a charged brush to thin it down.

John,
Nothing wrong with the rust finish, just add a bit around the edge of the air cleaner, the engine with all the oil that they probably threw out has its own coat of insulation.
Cheers,
Mike.:thumb2:
Thanks for that Mike, will do that tomorrow.

John.

The next stage will be the adding of the water, just hope that the sealant has done its job. Thought I would put some trapped water in the right hand side track guard.
Tanks for the comments.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick , thought that was a neat idea, then looking through numerous photos it appears it was the only unmarked Russian tank, regardless of the box art you see. So in trying to be true I shall leave all markings off . :crying:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Can see why. You certainly couldn't mistake it for anything else. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Can see why. You certainly couldn't mistake it for anything else. PaulE
Your right there Paul. :nerd:

Managed a little time at the bench , spend a lot of the afternoon trying to obtain the correct wiper blades for the cat, local motor factors ordered them in yesterday, but had the wrong information on their screen ! In the end they had the correct ones in stock all the time ! Oh the fitting instructions were written by an ex Dragon employee.:confounded: Was a good job my mate popped round and fitted them, having spent 50 years as a mechanic hes says it happens all the time ! :smiling::smiling::smiling:.

Spent some time putting my presents away in the cave as well . :thumb2:

2019_19.jpg
Tracks are nearly on, trying to get some sag , as this part will be the only section probably in view.

Mike mentioned about the air filter, this does look better.

2019_22.jpg
Think this is enough.
Then the exhausts , applied some dark oilbrusher. The slight shine is most likely the fresh oil .

2019_21.jpg
Hopefully this is enough, next stage will be to get those tracks on , god I hate them, give me a set Friuls any day. But to immerse them in mud never to be seen again would be a waste.
After that a coat of mat varnish and then its waiting for some Vallejo Mud from John, along with paint, a new needle and tip set from H& S.

Anything else I've missed please point out .
John.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Lovely finish John, right side of well worn.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Can see why. You certainly couldn't mistake it for anything else.
It might help the unit commander to be able to see which tank is which, though. Not to mention be useful to the crews when mounting up.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Always a tricky one that - finding the right replacement parts for your pet :tongue-out3:

Tank is looking great to me John, very battered and bruised.
Thanks Andy, yes the cat, hate it how the tablet changes words, this time it was funny.
Message to self , check before posting !

Lovely finish John, right side of well worn.
Thank Bob, just how I was feeling the other day!

It might help the unit commander to be able to see which tank is which, though. Not to mention be useful to the crews when mounting up.
A strange one, your quite right, how on earth would you know which one to get into after a night drinking Vodka .:smiling2::smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:thumb2:JR, that finish is looking the Car's whiskers!!:tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out:
Thanks Rick, always causes concern that something is either over done it not enough, looking at it too long is not a good idea !

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's a great job John, looks suitably unloved and kept going on basic maintenance

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Your right there Paul. :nerd:

Managed a little time at the bench , spend a lot of the afternoon trying to obtain the correct wiper blades for the cat, local motor factors ordered them in yesterday, but had the wrong information on their screen ! In the end they had the correct ones in stock all the time ! Oh the fitting instructions were written by an ex Dragon employee.:confounded: Was a good job my mate popped round and fitted them, having spent 50 years as a mechanic hes says it happens all the time ! :smiling::smiling::smiling:.

Spent some time putting my presents away in the cave as well . :thumb2:

View attachment 370025
Tracks are nearly on, trying to get some sag , as this part will be the only section probably in view.

Mike mentioned about the air filter, this does look better.

View attachment 370027
Think this is enough.
Then the exhausts , applied some dark oilbrusher. The slight shine is most likely the fresh oil .

View attachment 370026
Hopefully this is enough, next stage will be to get those tracks on , god I hate them, give me a set Friuls any day. But to immerse them in mud never to be seen again would be a waste.
After that a coat of mat varnish and then its waiting for some Vallejo Mud from John, along with paint, a new needle and tip set from H& S.

Anything else I've missed please point out .
John.
Filter looks great - leave it alone...
Mike.