1/35 scale Centurion Mk.12

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wibble, looking at that detail that you manage makes many of us want to take up style ironing while standing on one leg blind folded !

Wobble, who struggles with attempting to fit a rear light and stupid gab handles .:confused:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Well that's it - I have decided to bin it.....

Decided to have a bit of time off the turret and start on the hull bins... They come from Eduard and are in the usual format of etch brass with lots of folding to do...

20240609_155153_HDR.jpg

So once bent into shape, the etch details are added, the ones above are the smaller front and rear bins.... Here are the long centre bins....

20240609_155134_HDR.jpg

Left side...

20240609_155117_HDR.jpg
Right side with padlock....

And that is it for today...
Cheers
Mike..

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Wibble, looking at that detail that you manage makes many of us want to take up style ironing while standing on one leg blind folded !

Wobble, who struggles with attempting to fit a rear light and stupid gab handles .:confused:
Don't worry Wobble,
Sometime I think threading a needle behind your back is easier..
Wibble.

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well that's it - I have decided to bin it.....

Decided to have a bit of time off the turret and start on the hull bins... They come from Eduard and are in the usual format of etch brass with lots of folding to do...

View attachment 511052

So once bent into shape, the etch details are added, the ones above are the smaller front and rear bins.... Here are the long centre bins....

View attachment 511053

Left side...

View attachment 511054
Right side with padlock....

And that is it for today...
Cheers
Mike..
Why do you do this to the rest of us !

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mike, outstanding work as always. the thermal sleeve is a thing of beauty.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
My goodness Much Olderthanme,

I take it you got your new specs and those bins look fantastic. Nice and cleanly folded Mike. I've run out of complimentary sayings, so I guess we have to go the other way. Cool barrel and a nice SBS on it. Now let's talk about your dribbling part of your lunch on the mantlet and turret side. There gives such things as bibs Buddy and they're cheap too. Keeps the model free from such drool marks. It's all good otherwise...

I wish I could attend the show, but it's too far away and I can't pedal my butt on the bike fast enough to make the ferry in Pas de Calais. With that said, I wish you the best for the comps and please look after John, if he goes. His Mojo appears to be really high lately and I wouldn't want to see him spend all his lawn mowing monies on kits, like we did when we were kids...TIA Mike, and most of all, have a good time!!!...

Prost
Youngerthanyou

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
My goodness Much Olderthanme,

I take it you got your new specs and those bins look fantastic. Nice and cleanly folded Mike. I've run out of complimentary sayings, so I guess we have to go the other way. Cool barrel and a nice SBS on it. Now let's talk about your dribbling part of your lunch on the mantlet and turret side. There gives such things as bibs Buddy and they're cheap too. Keeps the model free from such drool marks. It's all good otherwise...

I wish I could attend the show, but it's too far away and I can't pedal my butt on the bike fast enough to make the ferry in Pas de Calais. With that said, I wish you the best for the comps and please look after John, if he goes. His Mojo appears to be really high lately and I wouldn't want to see him spend all his lawn mowing monies on kits, like we did when we were kids...TIA Mike, and most of all, have a good time!!!...

Prost
Youngerthanyou
Good morning Youngerthanme,
Yes, got the new specs, tried them out the other day, driving along and thought let's give them a try... Nearly ran some old boy off the road, could hardly see a thing, then realised it was my reading specs and not the new ones....
I know, it does look like gravy or I missed the pan....
True it is a shame you cannot attend, it would be good to get together and compare pension books, ogle the old ladies on the park bench displaying their passion killers for all to see and poke our zimmer frame legs into the spokes of the young hooligans on their scooters....
Yes I will keep an eye on John, I have borrowed a set of those kiddy reins so that he can wear them and I can control his sudden urges, a wiff of smoke can send him into uncontrolable gleefull trembling... Lawn mowing money - really, I heard he got it from those old ladies in the park to go away and take his mower with him....
Take care and I will try to keep up the standard at the comps..

Prost
Olderthanyou..

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Sorry there has been no update, I had to do the dusting and titivating of the entries for the Nationals...
But I did discover one problem and that was when I came to fit the 'L' shaped supports for the front mudguards, they would not fit. I tried all different ways, but no joy. And then the light went on and the problem was there large as life.
In my hurry to add the extra upper glacis plate armour, on the AFV club kits there is a lip where the lower plate meets the upper plate, and for some unknown reason I c/a'd the add on armour as it should be - but I left a 1.5mm gap between the leading edge and this lip. So I got the c/a out and gave the area a good taste of it, then clamped the new part to make sure there was no warpage and it was not going to curl up at some point.... Have you ever tried to remove a part when you have taken all those precautions.... I started with a modelling chisel and that just kissed it, in the end it was out with the Dremel and a grinding disc, dust everywhere - good job I was outside and there was no washing on the lines...
So now waiting for the new part(s) to arrive, yes parts, I remembered that in one of the books I have there is a Mk12 fitted with a fascine carrier and a FWMP (Full Width Mine Plow) and after looking around I have found the required parts and as soon as they arrive I will be back on the job, the only difference will be the fitting of the infra-red searchlight as there is another pic showing the same vehicle with it fitted. - here is a taster....

20240618_101254_HDR.jpg20240618_101259_HDR.jpg
Photo credit to Carl Schulze/Tankograd.
Cheers
Mike

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Sounds like you've been have a bit of fun with this Mike :smiling: I do like those reference photos.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
The parts for the plough and fascine cradle have arrived...
20240622_095539_HDR.jpg
And the frame has been assembled...
20240622_095735_HDR.jpg
There is some detail modification to be replaced on the plough - resin springs replaced with wire ones etc - but both a pair of really good resin kits. Some research photos have been found which will help with the plough but fitted to a Chieftain....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Half the plough is almost complete, still some detailing to add...
20240626_221110_HDR.jpg
20240626_221119_HDR.jpg
The front of the vehicle has to be detailed with new conduit, brackets....
20240626_220948_HDR.jpg
The lower front hull has the start of the plough chassis... and the other part will attach to this and then the plough will attach to the frame...
20240626_221138_HDR.jpg
20240626_220858_HDR.jpg
And here is the fascine frame/carrier in place for a trial fit....
Sorry about the rubbish pics, I will post more later...
Cheers
Mike.