1/35 Scale Shadow box Dinner on the front line from Miniart.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Firstly thanks to all who have followed, the advice from John Ballard and to those who have posted.

Unfortunately I can't show the lights in video here, but any of you who have FB will be able to see the 45 s video and a few photos. Just look for my name.

Was my first attempt at a shadow box, will certainly not be my last either.

For those that don't do fb here are some photos.

2020_2.jpg2020_13.jpg2020_14.jpg

2020_15.jpg
You can just make out the muzzle flash in the distance, far more effective in the video as the flashing became a random pattern.

2020.jpg

A close up of that stove.

2020_16.jpg

Unfortunately the frying pan handle was knocked off three times in fixing the stove I tried to refit but the build of up glue stopped it.
At least you can see the flames .

Thanks for looking in and for following.

Dzhon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
One of your best projects ever my friend. Really enjoyed seeing your imagination become this beautiful model. You must be very proud of what you have achieved. Well done sir
Hi thank you very much Steve , think it is, have you had a look on face book , the video really makes it. Very proud, going to see if I'm allowed to have it in the house !

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi thank you very much Steve , think it is, have you had a look on face book , the video really makes it. Very proud, going to see if I'm allowed to have it in the house !

I had a look mate but nothing there. Your last post was 2020. Do you have the link?

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bravo John

A great piece of modelling and lighting. You have become a real "metteur en scene" as we might say.

John

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Excellent work Mr Race, ..(Despite there being not a single splash of 4BO anywhere...:tongue-out3::tongue-out3::tongue-out3:) found you on FB but can't see the video, ( I think we need to be 'friends' )

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
One of your best projects ever my friend. Really enjoyed seeing your imagination become this beautiful model. You must be very proud of what you have achieved. Well done sir
DITTO John cant add much as Steve has said it all but to me youve become the master builder for others to follow :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris ps an ive also enjoyed your build brilliant

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
John do like i do with jen praise christine up an a box of chocks an the build will be in the livin room afore you know it in pride of place
chris

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Unfortunately I don't do facebook ,but that is totally Brilliant, John!
What a tour de force!
definitely the DOG'S!!!
Thank you Neil. Pm your email might to be able to send it that way.

I had a look mate but nothing there. Your last post was 2020. Do you have the link?
Just looked and its there, Paul and Andy, Mick have seen it. Just type my name in. I've sent you a message on fb.

That is superb John. Something new and different. You should be very proud of what you have achieved. Only problem is "How the hell do you follow that"
Jim
Thanks Jim, very kind of you . Well don't really know, but have an idea it will be my real favorite the KV2 , Early, complete with PE !

As expected John, that's excellent!
Pete
Cheers Pete, been great fun.

Bravo John

A great piece of modelling and lighting. You have become a real "metteur en scene" as we might say.

John
Thank you very much John, and for your advice.

Excellent work Mr Race, ..(Despite there being not a single splash of 4BO anywhere...:tongue-out3::tongue-out3::tongue-out3:) found you on FB but can't see the video, ( I think we need to be 'friends' )
Oh bu*** r, can you send me a friends request then. Thanks , yes the lure of 4BO was quite a strain:nerd:.

Really enjoyed seeing you build this diorama John, Looks great!
Hi Graeme, glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for commenting.

DITTO John cant add much as Steve has said it all but to me youve become the master builder for others to follow :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris ps an ive also enjoyed your build brilliant

Chris, cheers, that extremely kind of you, glad you enjoyed it.
John do like i do with jen praise christine up an a box of chocks an the build will be in the livin room afore you know it in pride of place
chris
Chris. Well it's in the computer / dinning room and she loves it, so will see how long I get to leave it here. :smiling3::smiling3:

Dzhon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Fantastic John. The video really makes it come to life!
Hi Tim, thank you, glad you've seen it. Photos just don't do it any justice do they. Would have liked to have had less glare from those lights in the bunker, but the video just seemed to make it worse that the photos.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Very nice, very nice indeed, especially since its your first attempt. i look forward to future projects.

Petet

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have been lurking in the cheap seats at the back quietly following this build. I must say it has turned out very well.
Great job and the lighting is very well done. It almost looks cosy in there!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Absolutely amazing john , its been a pleasure to watch this come together ( not to mention a good laugh with the banter ) and the end result is a masterpiece . Ive never seen this sort of thing done before , its a super effective way of making a diorama even more realistic , you are well justified in feeling proud of this one , cheers tony