1/35 Scale Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf D

X

Xarathustra

Finally. After ages longer than I thought this'd take, it's just about good enough for me. So I'm declaring this...done.

A huge thanks goes to Jim & Hanson for his kind donation of his Panzer IV Dragon tracks...without which this would have ended up either on fire or (at some point) become a diorama wreck! Oh, and thank God for Superglue!!

This is my first model in 35 years, so many thanks to all who've given me the motivation to keep going sometimes against the odds with 1970's (poor) fitting & my general lack of experience!
I will at some point put this in a diorama with my little PAK36 that I have waiting in the wings. Not sure I'm capable of anything built from scratch...but after years of decorating I'm fairly handy with household filler! :smiling5:

I've used real mud for the mud effect, covering it with Tamiya 'Clear'. It's come out pretty much as I'd hoped which is all I can ask. The airbrushing came out quite rough, but I've since (I think) managed to get the hang of it a bit better for a smooth(er) finish in the future.

DSC_9615-2.jpgDSC_9616-2.jpgDSC_9618-2.jpgDSC_9619-2.jpgDSC_9621-2.jpgDSC_9622-2.jpgDSC_9624-2.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi George
You have every reason to be pleased with that. Looks good. Well done.
Jim

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi George,
I'm really pleased you've made it to the finish line. now you can use what you've learnt on the next project.
regards Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done George. It was 35 years in the making and it was worth waiting for:thumb2: If you learn as much as you have done on this build next time, you will be an expert in no time at all. Have you decided what to build next?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
After all these years it appears to me you have not lost the touch. Well done
Cheers, Rick H.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Well done — the model looks good despite the problems you had with it. On to the next one! :smiling3: