1/35 SU100 & BM truck with scratch build load bed.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding!! I feel suitably cold now. :smiling2: Lots going on with this dio mate. Great work with the trees. They look so realistic and more importantly in scale. The guys in the back of the truck are very busy. Up there with your best builds JR. Well done sir!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
That is b****y brilliant. I like it all especially the trees. The best thing from your bench that I've seen - do you agree? :thumb2: :tongue-out3:
Jim
Outstanding!! I feel suitably cold now. :smiling2: Lots going on with this dio mate. Great work with the trees. They look so realistic and more importantly in scale. The guys in the back of the truck are very busy. Up there with your best builds JR. Well done sir!
Wow guys that very nice of you both to say.
Jim, yes I'm pleased, it has a lot of technics which I've enjoyed trying, and will attempt again.
Steve, put your pullover on :smiling2:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It all pulled together so well. Snow came out very good, but the trees stand out as quite an accomplishment. Love the compo. PaulE

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John have been watching this come together from a far and you don't disappoint at all and tend to agree with Jim it's a stunning result, you are certainly a tree master now and you get a cold chill from it so I've had to throw another boy scout on the fire or is that on illegal now.
Top work sir.
Pete. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Missed the build of these, but just thought of a cold weather dio in this warm spring and here comes your fine work John, love it:cool:.

The vehicles, figures and snow effects, superb work sir:thumb2: :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Great stuff John. The individual elements looked great in their own right but brought together they are something else!

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It all pulled together so well. Snow came out very good, but the trees stand out as quite an accomplishment. Love the compo. PaulE

Thank's lot Paul, certainly took some time to achieve, but pleased with the finish and more so the comments.

Hi John have been watching this come together from a far and you don't disappoint at all and tend to agree with Jim it's a stunning result, you are certainly a tree master now and you get a cold chill from it so I've had to throw another boy scout on the fire or is that on illegal now.
Top work sir.
Pete. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Pete, thank you, but I do believe that is illegal, no doubt due to carbon emissions . :smiling3:

Missed the build of these, but just thought of a cold weather dio in this warm spring and here comes your fine work John, love it:cool:.

The vehicles, figures and snow effects, superb work sir:thumb2: :thumb2:
Fernando, thank you, very much. Its gone on so long I'm not surprised you missed it :smiling:.

Great stuff John. The individual elements looked great in their own right but brought together they are something else!

Cheers Andy, really enjoyed doing it, apart from waiting for branches to be ready.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

As others have said, that really is rather acceptable!!

ATB

Andrew

PS I have made it my life's work to make understatement something of an artform!!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, I've had my head buried in the three dios I have been working on and missed the final stages of your dio. The end result is fantastic and as Jim mentioned one of your best and it's way out in the country side with no buildings to lend your buildsmanship. The trees look really good and the light frost is quite convincing...I mean convincing enough to want a doughnut with sprinkled icing. :tears-of-joy::smiling6: ...brrr I'll get my coat...

Seriously you should do more scenes like this...nice and compact.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one John. Really like the trees.
Peter
Thanks Peter. Took some time but the result reading the comments showed it was worth it.

Top work 453.
Great scene - and bl***y cold too!

Well done.

Thank you 570, I hate the winter, but seems to enjoy modelling it , does that make me strange ( do not answer that ) :nerd::smiling2:.

John

As others have said, that really is rather acceptable!!

ATB

Andrew

PS I have made it my life's work to make understatement something of an artform!!

:smiling3::smiling3: Cheers Andrew.

Hi John, I've had my head buried in the three dios I have been working on and missed the final stages of your dio. The end result is fantastic and as Jim mentioned one of your best and it's way out in the country side with no buildings to lend your buildsmanship. The trees look really good and the light frost is quite convincing...I mean convincing enough to want a doughnut with sprinkled icing. :tears-of-joy::smiling6: ...brrr I'll get my coat...

Seriously you should do more scenes like this...nice and compact.

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks Richard for the kind comment, I have another under way, so hope I don't disappoint.
Nice one John :thumb2:

Ta Simon.

Lovely diorama John :smiling3:.

Thanks Ralph.

Thank you for these kind comments, certainly lifts the mo jo .
Dzhon.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just catching up and this is amazing John, lovely dio, nicely set out and you really do get that cold feeling looking at it. A fave for me.