1/35 SU100 & BM truck with scratch build load bed.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi John, I've had my head buried in the three dios I have been working on and missed the final stages of your dio. The end result is fantastic and as Jim mentioned one of your best and it's way out in the country side with no buildings to lend your buildsmanship. The trees look really good and the light frost is quite convincing...I mean convincing enough to want a doughnut with sprinkled icing. :tears-of-joy::smiling6: ...brrr I'll get my coat...

Seriously you should do more scenes like this...nice and compact.

Cheers,
Richard
Donuts ! Richard, did you just mention Donuts ? :smiling:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I must have missed this first time around. Fantastic work John. So atmospheric. Looks like you just transplanted the trees from your garden…
I think I’ll need a log fire tonight to ward off the image….

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Top Shelf work , John, inspiring as always ! Bravo !!
Thanks Ron,it's been some time now , supposed me when it suddenly reapeared

Without breaking from the subject John I can only throw loads of expletives at your work on this one ,catch up with you later. Dave
Thanks Dave.

I must have missed this first time around. Fantastic work John. So atmospheric. Looks like you just transplanted the trees from your garden…
I think I’ll need a log fire tonight to ward off the image….
Evening Tim. Thought you'd seen it the first time ,so that's good that it's reappeared.

Sorry. I too somehow missed this last year and very pleased that it got bumped up so that I can enjoy it now. Great trees and excellent diorama.
Andy
Hi Andy,hope your well. Thank you .

OOH me too!
Fantastic stuff, John!
I would like to see some lower level shots, though, if you have them?
Hi Neil, don't think I did ,but will try to remember to take some tomorrow.:thumb2:

Missed this also.....
Cracking stuff Mr.Race:thumb2:,
Andy
Evening Mr Smith, thank you .

If Verdan hadn't looked at some of my posts then this would have been burried in the past.
I was looking at it the other day after it first reappeared and noticed that some of the trees have lost some colour.
I seen to remember at the time that adding green food colouring was so important , and had added more to another batch.
When I post the low shots for Neal you will notice how much more they needed .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Doesn’t worry me John, we’re on oil…..and I’ve just got a load of logs in for the winter.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Doesn’t worry me John, we’re on oil…..and I’ve just got a load of logs in for the winter.
Me neither Tim, have a wood burner and thick jumpers !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Blimey, John!
I swear I could see the snow actually falling!
Thanks for posting the extra pics, much appreciated.
it's a definite DOG'S from me!
Thanks Neil, :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:I've a load of snow powder and ice sheets left so I will be doing so more as some point.

John.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Thanks for the extra pics. I did see it first time around but these make it look even more impressive.

I'd tried green food dye before for grass with sawdust after seeing it demo'd on a wargaming site. We used it on one of Junior's school projects. It served to work really well at first but over time it's lost almost all it's colour....

Again truly great work.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

Thanks for the extra pics. I did see it first time around but these make it look even more impressive.

I'd tried green food dye before for grass with sawdust after seeing it demo'd on a wargaming site. We used it on one of Junior's school projects. It served to work really well at first but over time it's lost almost all it's colour....

Again truly great work.

Andrew
Thanks ,Interesting that you say that Andrew, I thought food colour would work as well. When I tried to spray the ferns It didn't look right as the paint seemed to cling in droplets.

g food colouring

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks ,Interesting that you say that Andrew, I thought food colour would work as well. When I tried to spray the ferns It didn't look right as the paint seemed to cling in droplets.

g food colouring
It was a real shame. Very cheap and you could create an almost endless palette of different greens just by changing the ratio of colour to sawdust.....at the time I had dreams of creating lots of terrain and needing lots of flock, so I ended up buying three different greens of a particular brand of clothes dye as I figured it would have more 'bite'. IIRC it comes 'neat' and has to be diluted so I can create almost limitless amounts. They probably work best as a blend. I'll let you work out whether or not I've ended up using it as much as I thought...... ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I always thought food colouring was made biodegradable therefore edible. Perhaps that's why the colour fades with time. Or perhaps its water soluble and the colouring evaporates with the humidity.

Cheers,
Richard