1/35 Tamiya Churchill Mk.VII

First Name
Maciej
Hi All
Just finished my first British tank :smiling3:
Kit was nice and clean to build not really big problems, rubber tracks ware easy to glue together, that was something that I remembered from old old times was a problem:smiling3:
Any comments and advises will be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic job. Weathering in particular is spot on! Nice one Matt, what’s next?

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looks great Matt, love the weathering and tonal variation in the single colour scheme :thumb2: :thumb2: .

First Name
Maciej
Thanks Tim, hard to say what's next was thinking about Sd.Kfz 251 looks challenging with all inside.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
rubber tracks ware easy to glue together, that was something that I remembered from old old times was a problem:smiling3:
Most modern one-piece tracks can be glued together, the old ones needed to be riveted with a heated screwdriver because they couldn’t be glued at all. However, my experience is that the old-style track is pretty much indestructible while the glueable ones have a tendency to break near the glue joint after some years :sad: I hope yours don’t :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Matt

Looking really good indeed!

Nice to see something with 6th Gds Tank Brigade markings too!! All of my son's Churchill's are marked up from that formation and I've not seen it much on forums.

ATB

Andrew

First Name
Maciej
Most modern one-piece tracks can be glued together, the old ones needed to be riveted with a heated screwdriver because they couldn’t be glued at all. However, my experience is that the old-style track is pretty much indestructible while the glueable ones have a tendency to break near the glue joint after some years :sad: I hope yours don’t :smiling3:
Hi thanks will remember about that. Hopefully my will stay on, I used glue, stapler and glue then to the hull where I could not see them:smiling3:

First Name
Maciej
Matt

Looking really good indeed!

Nice to see something with 6th Gds Tank Brigade markings too!! All of my son's Churchill's are marked up from that formation and I've not seen it much on forums.

ATB

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, is there any place I can see your son's art.

Thanks
Matt

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderful build Matt. The weathering has turned out really well. You must be pleased with the finish

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
Really nice finish. I hope I can get even 75% as good as that! Totally undecided on what I want to do next but know I want to do a WW2 British tank (European campaign) to face off the Panzer IV I’m 75% finished.

T

First Name
Maciej
Really nice finish. I hope I can get even 75% as good as that! Totally undecided on what I want to do next but know I want to do a WW2 British tank (European campaign) to face off the Panzer IV I’m 75% finished.

T
Hi thanks.
I think Churchill will be nice choice to face panzer IV. Let me know when you finish your panzer so I can take a look and learn something.

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
Hi thanks.
I think Churchill will be a nice choice to face panzer IV. Let me know when you finish your panzer so I can take a look and learn something.
I've added to the under-construction thread. Once I get the rest of the pics off my phone I will add in more stages. But it's going to be a far cry from the quality of your Churchill. I already made two minor errors due to vague instructions being misleading. Nothing major, but a little frustrating.