1/35 Tamiya Machine Gun Team...Moving out!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yep, that’s the origin alright Dale…..as the ambushed Tommies dived behind the nearest pile of rubble someone was heard to say….” Blimey ‘arry, we bin mugged”.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yep, that’s the origin alright Dale…..as the ambushed Tommies dived behind the nearest pile of rubble someone was heard to say….” Blimey ‘arry, we bin mugged”.

Always wondered where the expression came from. It's just amazin' the stuff I learn from you guys. Better than school!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
'At's just a beauty 570. just catching up here and really impressed with the recycling.....great way to have fun without emptying your wallet. Well done Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Another masterpiece Ron, the black and white pics have a real eerie sense of realism to them.. spookily real to be honest.. once again top work indeed..

now on a more serious note..''can you stop setting the bar so high for the rest of us ?'', ..lol

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Just had a proper look. I have to say absolutely brilliant. Very atmospheric in the black and white, and as someone else said the reflections work brilliantly.

You really do have an eye for this diorama malarky!!! Simply outstanding.

ATB

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Chaps, thank you so much for all your splendid comments. Terrific stuff and no mistake.....

Chris. Even my old, deaf, arthritic, fat, half blind, wobbly and generally bone idle flee bitten dog can get over the my 'Bar'....... ;)

Cheers all,
Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chaps, thank you so much for all your splendid comments. Terrific stuff and no mistake.....

Chris. Even my old, deaf, arthritic, fat, half blind, wobbly and generally bone idle flee bitten dog can get over the my 'Bar'....... ;)

Cheers all,
Ron
Ron

I'm going to break all forum rules and put banter to one side for a moment....our collective praise is very well deserved. You repeatedly turn out stunning work using simple and cheap techniques and so credit where credit is due.....

Normal banter service will now resume.....as Chris said above, please stop setting the bar so high..... It's causing me nightmares..... :loudly-crying: ;).

Keep up the great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Ron

I'm going to break all forum rules and put banter to one side for a moment....our collective praise is very well deserved. You repeatedly turn out stunning work using simple and cheap techniques and so credit where credit is due.....

Wot 'e said!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another pizza base special Ron, Now this I like, a very atmospheric piece, you actually get the feeling of despair and utter tiredness coming from the troops.

Excellent as always Ron, beautifully photographed for maximum effect.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.

Re. this 'Bar' thingy.
I know what folks mean by it, but to my thinking there is no such thing.
Through out life there will be folks who can do 'things' better, or not quite as good as you - That's life.

I well remember wanting to become a Brain Surgeon, but failed one major exam - I couldn't turn the Theatre taps on with my elboes! So I became a joiner.......

So build your models to your best ability, have fun and don't give a thought about Bars to get over. Your model, your style. Just be happy with the result.

Here endeth the lesson.
No foreign coins in the collection box - If you please.

Rev. Ian Paisley (Dec.)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have to say, the first image i thought was a reference one you used to make the dio. That is just superb work.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks boys.

Re. this 'Bar' thingy.
Through out life there will be folks who can do 'things' better, or not quite as good as you - That's life.

I well remember wanting to become a Brain Surgeon, but failed one major exam - I couldn't turn the Theatre taps on with my elboes! So I became a joiner.......

So build your models to your best ability, have fun and don't give a thought about Bars to get over. Your model, your style. Just be happy with the result.

Here endeth the lesson.

Rev. Ian Paisley (Dec.)

Totally agree with you Ron. There is nothing wrong in bettering yourself and trying to achieve greater goals in your modelling skills. But, as his royal-Ronness points out, we are all different, some people have disabilities, some are older, some, like me, just use a hammer and a paint roller.

Point is, we all build for us, not the group-ever since I became a member we have never had any rivet counters that have looked down on others builds, and believe me, we have some modellers who really are that good and make detailed models that look as if they have just rolled out of the factory-yet, these people have never slated anybody else's work.

As said in the pulpit sermon...'So build your models to your best ability, have fun and don't give a thought about Bars to get over. Your model, your style. Just be happy with the result'. Amen to that.

So, carry on people, they be glue bombs to make!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’d rather go into a bar than try to get over one…….on the other hand it’s always worth identifying where you could improve….in my case it would be getting over bars instead of going into them….

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
on the other hand it’s always worth identifying where you could improve

Nothing wrong with that Tim, agree with you, techniques can all benefit modellers. Just remember not try too hard to achieve them and remember, it's a hobby, designed for fun.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks boys.

Re. this 'Bar' thingy.

Here endeth the lesson.

Rev. Ian Paisley (Dec.)

Yeah, life can be full of disappointments can't it? My old boss once was prepared to put me through a training course to become a Class 1 HGV driver. Alas, I failed the physical - I couldn't drink enough tea!

Anyhow, the main reason I joined this forum was to have somewhere to come for help and inspiration - and I'm sure I'm not the only one who joined for similar reasons. There's a long list of folks here that have given me both - in huge quantities - and like it or not, you're one of them. My models are better now than they were before I joined.

I'm still not where I wanted to be, and may never be, but I'm not going to get there without guys like you, so please keep up the good work.

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
howsit Ron ..... as always it is rewarding to look at your dio's .. just take them to another level. The pic's with the reflections in the water is just cracking stuff ...... :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks all for your kind comments and interesting observations.

Steve. Thanks for the compliment. :thumb2:

Lindsey. I hope all is well in S.A.? Thank you for your most excellent post. I must confess I'm pleased with the reflections.

Thanks again chaps.
Ron