1/35 Tamiya Panzer Kampfwagen II Ausf. Type F

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick thanks it got a little scary on that main gun when it broke drilling it. My brother (I think Steve Jones is his clone) always makes me buy plenty of scratch building supplies when we go to the hobby shops glad I listened to him that piece of aluminum tubing bailed me out on that main gun tip. Thanks for stopping by

PaulE thanks for stopping by this has been a fun build I guess mostly I can see I thought till Hawk eye bailed me out. Cookies? That’s better than biscuits are they Christmas Cookies? hope nurse Ratchet didn’t bake them. Always great to hear from you thanks for the support

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Lee,
The PanzerII is one of my favorites and one of the first Tamiya kits I builts yonkers ago. It's so nostalgic that I have one shelf queen at the mo.

Great salvage of the main gun. Somehow slight blemishes are seen after a coat of paint is applied, the gun barrel has a noticeable flat area from the scraping/sanding which can be solved by sanding the edges lightly to create the roundness. Also lightly scrape the seamline on the MG on the mantlet, I think you missed that.

Carry on enjoying the build, I like what you have done so far and will continue watching. Paul's here so biscuits soon.

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Brad Thanks for stopping by this is a very simple build I think that’s why it’s going so fast

Richard Thanks for pointing that out on the guns I seen that after I got the paint on it and wasn’t happy I got a little caraway with the sanding then I realized I put the hatch on upside down so I fixed that. I will try to address those pesky guns. Thanks for stopping by and the support and help

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lee, it's a good thing, you can't have too much modeling material available. Is Bill still modeling
HO scale big rigs? Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick
Thanks Bill sold 1/25 resin Conversion truck kits in the 90s he Copyrighted all his Masters and also was registered with Paccar which is Peterbilt and Kenworth and Alcoa He sold his resin co. And now builds all scales of trucks. I used to build and cast HO trucks and sell on eBay about 10yrs ago till my eyes and arthritis started acting up it’s hard for me to build that small stuff anymore even 1/72. My favorite is scale is 1/48 but it gets very pricey
I should have a update on this soon

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lee, I saw a 1-87 scale KW T600 Bill posted on another website and wrongly assumed that he modeled in that scale. My mistake. Now I understand why he said he was giving it to you for Christmas!:rolling:. As I recall It was a beautiful rig. Cheers Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee, I saw a 1-87 scale KW T600 Bill posted on another website and wrongly assumed that he modeled in that scale. My mistake. Now I understand why he said he was giving it to you for Christmas!:rolling:. As I recall It was a beautiful rig. Cheers Rick H.
Ok that wasn’t a mistake he built that for me for a Christmas present I for got I posted that on the 1/87 vehicle club. Rick I’m getting old I still have it and the trailer it is nice

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lee .
I've arrived this morning expecting to see an update :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
What's happening , are you snowed in ?
John :smiling:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee .
I've arrived this morning expecting to see an update :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
What's happening , are you snowed in ?
John :smiling:

Sorry John and others
I’m far from being snowed in Yesterday’s high temp. was around 60° so I took advantage of it and done a lot of cleaning and cutting brush around the little barn and chicken house. Hope to have a update today going to work on the tracks. Thanks for stopping by John and checking

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well here’s a update but I’m not happy with it the one track gave me a very hard time as you can see while the other went one on just fine but I noticed in the pics I posted I put it on backwards I went tried to correct it and the main drive spocket broke I’m done with this kit sometimes I wonder if this old stuff is worth building BA8B020A-A299-402A-B992-8AA84EA61DEE.jpeg278F2F7B-FC88-4B4A-8739-CA8BE7C2946B.jpegF6462EA1-A9BE-4561-8A1C-64ADB953FAC5.jpeg7533052F-26BC-4F0B-BC01-4540B65E67C7.jpeg14385F0C-7207-44A1-B44E-49EB8B29E941.jpeg

Attachments

• E9C8CFAD-C162-4696-9B7A-90BD642EDA84.jpeg
    E9C8CFAD-C162-4696-9B7A-90BD642EDA84.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 6DF03CA9-B7AA-48C9-A5FE-48A8703A8F39.jpeg
    6DF03CA9-B7AA-48C9-A5FE-48A8703A8F39.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Paul I thought of doing that maybe I need to walk away from it for awhile

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Scottie. I’m going to back away from it for awhile thanks for the support I will return to it when it does bother me to fix it

Rick. Thanks for the encouragement I will return to it but not now

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Perhaps I could interest you in an Autocar in 1/72nd scale. I know it's small but it was going so well. I would love to see you finish it.
Cheers and Merry Christmas Lee, Rick H.